The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Check out our new commercial!  (Read 4458 times)

Offline PolarBird

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Check out our new commercial!
« on: Jan 29, 2016, 12:48 AM »

;D
The Polar Bird Team

Offline woodyvt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • When the going is tough. The tough go ice fishing!
Re: Check out our new commercial!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2016, 06:15 AM »
Very funny.......been that guy (shelterless) once.
The closest flag up may be the one that is behind you !

Offline Crayfish2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2016, 08:05 AM »
That's funny!  Been there many times.

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2016, 09:35 AM »
LIKE  ;D ;D ;D

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2016, 04:22 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Land of 10,000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2016, 07:22 PM »
Garbage.  Give me back my 10 minutes of life I wasted looking at your product.  Another rip-off.  How many "hub" makers do we need?  So your chincy floor separates you from the pack I assume.  Prob 1 time use once it is frozen into the ice.  "as the insulated floor darkens holes and fish ISN'T frightened".   Not proper Englais...  Junk!!!!!

Offline PolarBird

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:34 PM »
Garbage.  Give me back my 10 minutes of life I wasted looking at your product.  Another rip-off.  How many "hub" makers do we need?  So your chincy floor separates you from the pack I assume.  Prob 1 time use once it is frozen into the ice.  "as the insulated floor darkens holes and fish ISN'T frightened".   Not proper Englais...  Junk!!!!!

Although we cannot give you your 10 mins back, i can assure you our shelters are not "Junk."  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we respect your criticism.  It is unfortunate that you disapprove of our product.  The floor is not a (1) time use and it is most certainly not "chincy."  I suggest checking one out for yourself, in person, before passing judgement.  Many people enjoy the hub-style shelters even though you feel its a saturated market.  We apologize for upsetting you and not using proper "Englais."  We have many happy customers who would respectfully disagree with your comments.  We understand that our shelters are not for everyone; however, we are able to help many people enjoy the sport of ice fishing with family and friends in comfort without breaking the bank while still providing them with a quality durable product.
The Polar Bird Team

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2016, 04:22 AM »
Although we cannot give you your 10 mins back, i can assure you our shelters are not "Junk."  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we respect your criticism.  It is unfortunate that you disapprove of our product.  The floor is not a (1) time use and it is most certainly not "chincy."  I suggest checking one out for yourself, in person, before passing judgement.  Many people enjoy the hub-style shelters even though you feel its a saturated market.  We apologize for upsetting you and not using proper "Englais."  We have many happy customers who would respectfully disagree with your comments.  We understand that our shelters are not for everyone; however, we are able to help many people enjoy the sport of ice fishing with family and friends in comfort without breaking the bank while still providing them with a quality durable product.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2016, 06:38 AM »
They look nice I'll field test one for you if you like.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2016, 06:48 AM »

Saw one of your hubs out on Chaumont Bay the other day, we were already off the ice and saw it from a few hundred yards away.  Next time I see one on the ice I'm gonna take a closer look.  Nice looking unit for sure.
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline PolarBird

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2016, 11:29 PM »
They look nice I'll field test one for you if you like.

Thank you for the offer.  We do give a $30 rebate for customers who provide the public with an honest 5 minute video review.  Also, if you use the coupon code (5MIANDPB) you will receive a 5% discount at checkout.   ;)

Saw one of your hubs out on Chaumont Bay the other day, we were already off the ice and saw it from a few hundred yards away.  Next time I see one on the ice I'm gonna take a closer look.  Nice looking unit for sure.

Definitely check one out next time you see one and let us all know what you think.  We hope to seperate ourselves from the rest of the hub shelters.  All manufacturers do a good job, we strive to do better.  BTW, thank you for your service!

The Polar Bird Team

Offline tracker one

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if you ain't gonna eat em,throw em back
« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2016, 06:41 AM »
I am happy to see your new shelter on the market.I am sure it will fit some fisherman's style of fishing.I have 4 different shelters and can find a use for all 4 at different times or for different types of fishing. My big 2 man clam is great when I take some one else and can use the 4-wheeler to drag it around and my new Shappell flip up is great when i am alone and must walk to my fishing spot. I think the more competition the better.the good ones will weed out the not so good ones.

Offline vermont mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2016, 12:59 PM »
Thank you for the offer.  We do give a $30 rebate for customers who provide the public with an honest 5 minute video review.  Also, if you use the coupon code (5MIANDPB) you will receive a 5% discount at checkout.   ;)

Definitely check one out next time you see one and let us all know what you think.  We hope to seperate ourselves from the rest of the hub shelters.  All manufacturers do a good job, we strive to do better.  BTW, thank you for your service!

Thanks I'm in the market now looking hard at the otters.

Offline PolarBird

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2016, 02:08 AM »
I am happy to see your new shelter on the market.I am sure it will fit some fisherman's style of fishing.I have 4 different shelters and can find a use for all 4 at different times or for different types of fishing. My big 2 man clam is great when I take some one else and can use the 4-wheeler to drag it around and my new Shappell flip up is great when i am alone and must walk to my fishing spot. I think the more competition the better.the good ones will weed out the not so good ones.

Thank you for the kind words.  And your right, different tools for different jobs...   We hope our shelters can fit the needs of many, but certainly understand that we are just one tool, at this time, in the tool belt.   ;)

Thanks I'm in the market now looking hard at the otters.

They definitely make great shelters.  Ours offer something a little different from the rest and our main focus is on durability, warmth, and quality.  We want to see people fishing longer and harder.  Being able to take family and friends to enjoy the great outdoors without spending too much on something that may/may not break.  Thats why we offer lifetime warranty on all of our fully metal hub units and solid fiberglass poles.  We are confident in our products and work very closely with our customers.  Thank you for considering us.
The Polar Bird Team

Offline perch bait

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lil' Crayfish
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2016, 03:34 PM »
I think that a pop-up shanty with a floor is a cool idea, I know that my feet can get cold, even when I'm in our Clam Bigfoot. Doesn't take much between the ice and your feet to keep them warm. Also wanted to thank PolarBird for sponsoring this forum and allowing ice anglers from around North America to communicate with each other.  :)
Perch bait- a small minnow that can have big results in the ice fishing game.  :icefish:
My Blog: https://jacobcrawford8.wixsite.com/pboutdooradventure

Offline varmonter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2016, 03:47 PM »
I too am considering a hub.just registered on your site.

About the video. I think the person walking out with your shelter should
Be in coveralls and hooded.than when the fridged
Fisherman opens the door.there would be a bikini
Clad beauty....just my $0.02

Offline PolarBird

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2016, 11:20 PM »
I think that a pop-up shanty with a floor is a cool idea, I know that my feet can get cold, even when I'm in our Clam Bigfoot. Doesn't take much between the ice and your feet to keep them warm. Also wanted to thank PolarBird for sponsoring this forum and allowing ice anglers from around North America to communicate with each other.  :)

Thank you soo much! 

I too am considering a hub.just registered on your site.

About the video. I think the person walking out with your shelter should
Be in coveralls and hooded.than when the fridged
Fisherman opens the door.there would be a bikini
Clad beauty....just my $0.02

We have had a few requests for bikinis in the next commercial.   ;D  I too am partial to this idea...   ...naturally.   ;)
The Polar Bird Team

Offline vtduckhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 05, 2016, 05:31 AM »
great commercial guys!!

Offline PolarBird

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 07, 2016, 10:20 PM »
The Polar Bird Team

Offline varmonter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 08, 2016, 03:42 PM »
Thank you soo much! 

We have had a few requests for bikinis in the next commercial.   ;D  I too am partial to this idea...   ...naturally.   ;)

See more than one request for bikinis.
This is what good customer service is all about ;)

Offline PolarBird

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 08, 2016, 10:57 PM »
See more than one request for bikinis.
This is what good customer service is all about ;)

Hahahaha, i love it!  Be careful what you wish for...   The bikinis might just be coming, but who knows who they will be on.  lol
The Polar Bird Team

Offline gofish22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 09, 2016, 11:30 AM »
I am that guy right now. Shelter and heater are both stuck in the Midwest. Hasn't really been a problem because I normally don't mind fishing without one so I can move around. But this weekend looks like it is going to be another story.

Offline varmonter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 09, 2016, 02:14 PM »
Hahahaha, i love it!  Be careful what you wish for...   The bikinis might just be coming, but who knows who they will be on.  lol

Oh no...what have I done... :o

Offline johnrielly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 09, 2016, 04:00 PM »
Any plans for portable pull over stlye shanty

Offline PolarBird

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Feb 09, 2016, 11:07 PM »
I am that guy right now. Shelter and heater are both stuck in the Midwest. Hasn't really been a problem because I normally don't mind fishing without one so I can move around. But this weekend looks like it is going to be another story.

:o  Its getting colder!   ;)

Oh no...what have I done... :o

Muahahahahaaaa!   ;D

Any plans for portable pull over stlye shanty

Great question!   I can only answer that with a  ;)  Due to the popularity of our hubs, we are discussing many options.  This has been a topic of discussion on many occasions. 
The Polar Bird Team

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 10, 2016, 07:10 AM »
I was just checking out your website, PB. Your hub shanties are really well priced (not to mention ON SALE  ;D) and I think the floor system is great! The floor looks really simple to install, and would be easy enough to wipe down and hang to dry at home when you are done with it for the day.  :tipup:

Offline JMailbox8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 10, 2016, 07:21 AM »
I take it you have to take your creepers off every time you enter your shanties if the floor is down?

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 10, 2016, 08:23 AM »
I take it you have to take your creepers off every time you enter your shanties if the floor is down?

Yes, and put on your flip flops, did you watch the commercial?  ;D :whistle: ;D

Offline RipSomeLips22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Feb 10, 2016, 08:43 AM »
This forum should be moved, it is just a commercial promoting a product, has nothing to do with forum type material.

Offline PolarBird

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Feb 10, 2016, 10:51 PM »
I was just checking out your website, PB. Your hub shanties are really well priced (not to mention ON SALE  ;D) and I think the floor system is great! The floor looks really simple to install, and would be easy enough to wipe down and hang to dry at home when you are done with it for the day.  :tipup:

Thank you.  It truly is that easy.  We flip the floor over and slide it around on the ice/snow to clean it off and then just pack it up.  Drying is optional depending on how often you fish.  Obviously if it will be stored, then drying is more important.   ;)

This is only necessary if your cleats are extremely aggressive.  We are doing testing with more aggressive cleats, but have not found any that will damage the floor...   ...yet.  Here is a link to some of the same type of information we have discussed on a separate thread.  http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=328299.20

Hope this helps.

Yes, and put on your flip flops, did you watch the commercial?  ;D :whistle: ;D

;D  Flip flps are optional. 

The Polar Bird Team

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.