Author Topic: Nubanusit  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
Nubanusit
« on: Jan 28, 2016, 01:54 PM »
Anyone know what Nubi has for ice?
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline jmamos52

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Nubanusit
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Ice.. not sure. Fish... zero!   ;D  j/k.. just had super slow days there in the past and I knew it was always one of the last ones to freeze up so be careful. I did see a 12 y/o kid pull out about a 12lb laker there year before last. Guess I should have been doing what he was! good luck

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2016, 06:27 PM »
Thanks for the info, I do 't mind putting in the work to get them.  I just don't want to drive there and not be able to work the entire lake.

Offline shedhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2016, 06:16 AM »
I have been there last weekend the center of the lake is wide open!! Be careful if you do go especially with this warmer weather coming!!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2016, 11:44 AM »
Did some recon there last night... Too sketchy for me. The ice just didn't feel right under the spud around the shoreline so didn't even bother knocking all the way through for a measurement and though it was dark, it looked open in the middle with a flashlight.
If you do go, take a buddy and be safe.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2016, 09:05 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  With the derby dates rescheduled, I may be reconsidering  where to fish for the derby yet again. 

Offline nhfresh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2016, 10:23 AM »
I would assume that after tonight's low of 2 degrees, Friday's low of 10, Saturday's low of -10 and Sunday's low of -5, you should be good to fish it for President's Day on Monday. There is usually a portion by the huge hump where the ice never get's very thick or even freezes over and is worth avoiding. Hopefully with the cold, the wind blowing the snow and exposing the ice, that should do the trick. I don't live in that area, but do live on winni on a similar part that takes awhile to freeze and I currently only have 2-3 inches...Fingers crossed for the weekend! :thumbsup:

Offline fish tail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2016, 11:03 AM »
drilled a hole on back side nelson last night 7 to 8 inches of ice all frozen cant tell you about the narrows

Offline Dipstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ( jigging Joe)
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2016, 03:50 PM »
Fished Nubi today, be careful if you go out there, it went from 6" to 2" in spots... cut most of our holes with a spud. We went in on the launch (Hancock) end. It hasn't made ice like I hoped it would have.

Offline WhereDaRainbows

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2016, 06:15 PM »
I'm surprised to hear it is still that sketchy. We need to be careful. Is there snow on the lake? I'm surprised this cold weather hasn't added at least a couple inches
"I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret." -- Roderick Haig-Brown

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2016, 02:33 PM »
Went out today. Slush on top in some places, only cut five holes but had at least 5" in each. Two marks on the fish finder all day, one of which was a 14-inch togue that my friend caught.

Offline wreckitross

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2016, 09:18 AM »
Thanks for the update! No fish Nubi lives!

Offline jopa291

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2016, 02:30 PM »
Went out today. Slush on top in some places, only cut five holes but had at least 5" in each. Two marks on the fish finder all day, one of which was a 14-inch togue that my friend caught.

Can confirm. Ice was pretty solid but COLD! Only caught that small togue, but it was on a crappie rig so the fight was great.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.