The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wyo Fish Tourney  (Read 1827 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Wyo Fish Tourney
« on: Jan 26, 2016, 11:18 PM »
Post'em up here!  :tipup:

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Wyo Fish Tourney
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2016, 11:29 PM »
Event: Ice Fishing Tournament
Date: Feb 6th 2016
Time: 7am - 3pm

Prizes: $10,000 cash rewards.  Non cash rewards as well.  Longest fish prize for Adult and Youth brackets.
Cost: $40 adult.  $20 youth.

Cash prize winners will be required to travel with their own transportation to the Denver or Loveland locations for the exam within 2 weeks after the 2/6/16 ice fishing event.  We have arranged for the polygraph agency to come to Cheyenne at 12pm on 2/20/16 if travel to Denver/Loveland is a hardship. Non-cash prizes will be available for pick-up immediately after the event on location.

Offline bloody ice76

• IceShanty Rookie
  • wishin ize fishin
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2016, 12:28 PM »
Sounds like a really good time,  aside from the polygraph. .. I'm a terrible liar! Lol Jk! Rumor has it, there are more than 100 people signed up for it!👍Hope everyone involved has a great time!
time 2 get out n slay em!

Offline wyo10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2016, 12:50 PM »
The ones that don't go are worried about something

Offline gsawyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:17 PM »
Might as well throw them in the lake and if they float they are made of wood and there fore..... A Witch!!!! Polygraph tests are not reliable at anything. Especially telling if someone is lying. I'm guessing this is a way of not having to pay prize money. In my experience the better fisherman on the ice usually win the derbies. I wouldn't waste my time or money with such an outrageous requirement. Just my 2 cents and college degree talking.
Can't catch em sittin in the living room!

Offline Super-ice-bird

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That's a fifth next to that brown!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2016, 12:17 AM »
Might as well throw them in the lake and if they float they are made of wood and there fore..... A Witch!!!! Polygraph tests are not reliable at anything. Especially telling if someone is lying. I'm guessing this is a way of not having to pay prize money. In my experience the better fisherman on the ice usually win the derbies. I wouldn't waste my time or money with such an outrageous requirement. Just my 2 cents and college degree talking.

X2
Come on fish!

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2016, 07:12 AM »
  BS  >:(

Offline Dirty P

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2016, 09:26 AM »
Might as well throw them in the lake and if they float they are made of wood and there fore..... A Witch!!!!
BURN THEM!!!!!!
Remember what grandpa would always say. " Where's the beer? and you call yourself a fisherman!"

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2016, 11:59 AM »
     IMHO I believe they are doubtful they will have enough entries to cover the prize outlay and therefore have to rely on third party financial backing like an insurance to cover the prize money. It is likely these third party folks that require the polygraph. For 10 grand you bet I'd take a polygraph anytime and I better take the truck 'cause I'm stoppin at Bass Pro AND Cabela's on the way home!! ;D

Offline wyotoach

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2016, 12:32 PM »
I like your way home!

Offline uncle fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2016, 05:07 PM »
I was always told that Fishermen was all liars , but that's crazy.

Offline wyomingchad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2016, 08:06 PM »
Any word how the tournament went today?  The 70mph winds kept me home.

Offline mebes76

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Just give the man a fish!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 08, 2016, 01:47 PM »
Thanks to all who attended!  It was a great event, and fun was had by all who could tough out the Wyoming wind.  About 150 turned out for the event.  As noted, the wind kept a bunch at home.  The longest fish prizes were awarded to:

adult Cliff Turner (21.5", 3.8 lb rainbow)
youth Dillon Hays (21", 3.35 lb rainbow) 

Just about $2000 worth of prizes were distributed at the end of the event.  The photos are posted on the facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/wyofishtourney/

Feel free to email us your feedback so we can improve the event next year.  Requests to slow the wind will be taken into consideration :)

[email protected]
Give me a fish and feed me for a day.  Teach me how to fish and I'll never stop asking you questions on how to do it better. Thanks for your help.  Call you tomorrow?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.