Author Topic: Summit lake ?  (Read 1490 times)

Offline alekhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
Summit lake ?
« on: Jan 24, 2016, 08:05 PM »
Was thinking about going out to summit some time this week never have fished it has any one had any luck and does any one catch any eyes out of there if you don't want to share with every one you can pm me not looking for spots just general info and tips thank you
I'm not brightest tool in the shed my ice auger is

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
Re: Summit lake ?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2016, 07:24 AM »
Got a PM from somebody that the bite was pretty good last week.

Keep it safe JDL

Offline 12ICEFISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't catch, if you don't fish!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2016, 09:47 AM »
Did good earlier this month! Nice bluegills (8-9"), and some crappie (10-12") I've heard about a 27" eye caught the night prior to us being there. Some of my friends were there a week ago, and did well on mostly crappie. You'll see where the bite is when you get there most likely, as there is quite a few anglers frequenting Summit.

Herm
Herm Krepel

Offline Wilb3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2016, 07:00 PM »
Any reports this week? Myself and a couple friends are heading to Summit tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon.
Ice fishing is a subculture, one wouldn't understand until they experienced it...

Offline Wilb3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2016, 12:09 AM »
Well we made our way to Summit this afternoon and got there around 3. We started fishing in 20FOW. Showed fish here and there but didn't get the first crappie until about 20 minutes in. First fish of our group as well.  I move a lil further out as not many fish are showing on the flasher then BOOM 30minutes later a 17" bass hits my 1.5lb line. I work her up/out- take a pic and back in she goes. I am not a fan of largemouths even though she met Summit lakes size requirement. So the action is slow and we move SW where a good populace of huts/ icefishemen were. My flasher began to show quite a few more fish. After landing a handful of hand size gills..the bite slowed. Different presentation is what you (crappie) want, different presentation is what you get. Winded up getting my limit of BG/crappie on a slow bite and sorted through several fish. Overall, fun outing with the guys. Even met a couple interesting (in a good way) folks. I always enjoy the hunt whie fishing! By the way ice was at least a foot.
Ice fishing is a subculture, one wouldn't understand until they experienced it...

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2016, 03:02 PM »
Wilb3, glad you all got out! I made it out on Sat. afternoon 27 gills. Did't keep any. Didn't feel like cleaning any. There were 10'orn12 really nice ones! Looking at the forecast for the rest of the week I am calling it a season!
Now just need the ice to go away so I can get the boat in the water!

Read you all next year! Just as important to keep it safe on the open water!

JDL

Offline Wilb3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2016, 06:25 PM »
I hear you UGH. Ice may in fact be out in a couple more days around the Omaha metro. Stay safe!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.