The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Holcombe  (Read 542 times)

Offline Kilbourn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin Dells, WI
Holcombe
« on: Jan 23, 2016, 07:27 PM »
Next month I will be going on a fishing trip to Holcombe Lake / Flowage (WI) with some friends. Never been there for fishing and was wondering if anyone had any information they would like to share. We will be targeting pan fish. Not looking for any bodies hot spots or secrets. Just wondering what to expect and dangers areas to stay away from... Thanks.

Offline dsupercat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Holcombe
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2016, 05:16 AM »
The only areas to be careful of is up the Chippewa or jump river after the first bridges up the rivers.  Most of the crappies are caught in main lake river channels.  Pan fish are mostly caught in smaller lakes connected to the main lake.  Caution most of the small lakes connected to the flowage have current and are not safe to travel between.  Find the shacks and you will find the fish.  Be respectful to the fishermen and they will probably give you some tips.

Offline CharlieBrn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2016, 08:06 AM »
Hello Kilbourn.  I use to live in Ladysmith just north of Holcombe.  One area I know of is north of the town of Holcombe.  Stay on hwy 27 after passing through town and you'll come to a tavern/campground on the right called Big Swedes.  Go across the land bridge about a mile and on the right side you'll see a boat landing where people park when fishing the area.  You'll see the shacks and general only a few.  Try either side of the bridge.  Good luck and be safe.

Offline Kilbourn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin Dells, WI
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2016, 02:45 PM »
Thank you both for the great info. I guess we're staying at Teds. Just found out no four wheelers on the property so I guess we wont be walking to far from shore.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.