Author Topic: Crosswinds this weekend  (Read 1459 times)

Offline mntransplant

• Team IceShanty Regular
Crosswinds this weekend
« on: Jan 22, 2016, 03:24 AM »
I plan on leaving Friday morning, I'll be out at Crosswinds if anybody is looking to pair up. All my friends boned out on me so I'm going alone. Ill be n the Yellow Arctic Oven tent on the ice (my sleeping/Burbot HQ) or I'll be in my Red Eskimo shack. Feel free to stop by and say hi.

James

Offline bighof

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • have you seen me walk on water????
Re: Crosswinds this weekend
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2016, 10:45 PM »
How was the fishing?  I still havent been out to Louise or crosswinds on the ice yet.  Hopefully in the next couple weeks!
l

Offline mntransplant

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2016, 12:11 AM »
I got blanked... as it seems to always be when it comes to Lakers.  The weather was clear and cold the first night, with a super bright moon to boot.  I wish I had a professional photographer with me that night (Fri). Between the solitude, bright moon, millions of stars, northern lights and the glow of my Arctic Oven tent, I didn't care if I caught anything. The next morning though I was hot to trot for some fish but once again I got snuffed. I tried using 3.5" white tube jigs, mimic minnow and .. can't remember the other one.  I had to leave early because the guy that sold me "seasoned" firewood, actually sold me green wood.  I dug through the pile I brought just to find the driest pieces I could.  I didn't feel like trying to battle the cold weather with no firewood to burn so I left on Saturday afternoon.  I got home jut in time to shower, eat and fall asleep. Only to be awaken by the earthquake!!  Overall it was a fun trip. I was the only one fishing on that lake the first night!  The second day I talked to a few guys who had a cabin out there and they turned me on to a few well known spots that are supposed to produce. Maybe next time?..

Offline Fishgod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2016, 12:43 PM »
I got blanked... as it seems to always be when it comes to Lakers.  The weather was clear and cold the first night, with a super bright moon to boot.  I wish I had a professional photographer with me that night (Fri). Between the solitude, bright moon, millions of stars, northern lights and the glow of my Arctic Oven tent, I didn't care if I caught anything. The next morning though I was hot to trot for some fish but once again I got snuffed. I tried using 3.5" white tube jigs, mimic minnow and .. can't remember the other one.  I had to leave early because the guy that sold me "seasoned" firewood, actually sold me green wood.  I dug through the pile I brought just to find the driest pieces I could.  I didn't feel like trying to battle the cold weather with no firewood to burn so I left on Saturday afternoon.  I got home jut in time to shower, eat and fall asleep. Only to be awaken by the earthquake!!  Overall it was a fun trip. I was the only one fishing on that lake the first night!  The second day I talked to a few guys who had a cabin out there and they turned me on to a few well known spots that are supposed to produce. Maybe next time?..

You need bigger tube jigs!
Why do I always leave shrimp in my pocket from last week?

Offline mntransplant

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2016, 04:03 PM »
Well How much bigger?  I'm guessing I just was in the wrong area since I didn't see any fish on the Vexilar at all.  Then again, you probably know better than I do since i'm 0 for.... ever

Offline Fishgod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2016, 04:56 PM »
Like other aspects of life, size matters. 5-6 inch tube jigs or even bigger.
Why do I always leave shrimp in my pocket from last week?

Offline mntransplant

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2016, 05:40 PM »
 :clap: :clap:  :thumbsup: Good one!  I just ordered a few 8" tube jigs and a few 10" tube jigs.  One of these days I'll get them dialed in.

Offline DannerAK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2016, 01:28 PM »
I didn't see any fish on the Vexilar at all.
It doesn't matter how big (or small) your tube jigs are if you ain't putting them in front of fish. Fish somewhere else next time.

Offline mntransplant

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2016, 05:55 PM »
Yep, different bait, different location. Hopefully this will do it for me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.