New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Bear Lake chatauqua county  (Read 579 times)

Offline outfisherman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bear Lake chatauqua county
« on: Jan 21, 2016, 03:50 PM »
Has anyone been out to Bear lake to see the conditions? I was out there last week to check it out and it was thin. It was so thin that the guy across the street from it came out and said it was no good. He had harder ice cream in his freezer he said. Haha. We made it out about 50 yards and it was about 2 inches thick. If it didn't get a lot of snow it should be ok for the weekend?  Any info would be great.

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
Re: Bear Lake chatauqua county
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2016, 06:59 PM »
My folks live close by and got over 30" of snow in the last few days. Bear is prob bad news.

Offline outfisherman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:01 PM »
My folks live close by and got over 30" of snow in the last few days. Bear is prob bad news.
Thanks for the heads up.

Offline outfisherman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2016, 08:51 PM »
I'm thinking bear should be good this weekend. My daughter goes to school at loguidice. She said not much snow there. Few miles away can mean a lot. I'm hoping for no snow and at least 4 inches of good ice.

Offline outfisherman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2016, 06:26 PM »
Checked Bear lake out today. Got out to about 8 ft of water. About 10 inches of horrible white ice. 3 whacks with the spud bar and right through. It might be fine for little guys. Not me. I wanted to be in deeper water. No luck. Maybe soon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.