Author Topic: No use of gas motors?  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Rimfire

• IceShanty Rookie
No use of gas motors?
« on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:42 PM »
Just wondering and I can't seam to find anything in the regulations regarding gas powered ice augers on lakes that prohibit power boats. Is it just the outboards or is it any powered device. Would like to know the legal definition before I go and fire up the wrong auger. Gas powered or arm strong.

Offline cube3

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: No use of gas motors?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2016, 11:29 AM »
Just wondering and I can't seam to find anything in the regulations regarding gas powered ice augers on lakes that prohibit power boats. Is it just the outboards or is it any powered device. Would like to know the legal definition before I go and fire up the wrong auger. Gas powered or arm strong.

I believe you'd be OK with a gas auger. The legislation about gas motor prohibition is federal and can be found at
 http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2008-120/FullText.html

I took a very quick look through and see no mention of other gas engines like in an augers case.

If it's a national park I would certainly check with the park in questions first.

Offline #1fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2016, 12:52 PM »
This is a joke right? Thats a reference to outboard motors only.
Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.
Clark Gable

Offline cube3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2016, 11:40 AM »
This is a joke right? Thats a reference to outboard motors only.

Exactly.

Hence he would be fine with a powered auger as the legislation for the prohibition is only for boat motors not ALL MOTORS.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.