Author Topic: central illinois ice  (Read 2436 times)

Offline calicoslabslides

• IceShanty Rookie
central illinois ice
« on: Jan 19, 2016, 07:15 AM »
Any ice reports out there around champaign/ vermillion counties? Going out after work to check some ponds. Fat fenders you still out there? This has been an agonizing wait around here for ice.
If they don't find you handsome, They should at least find you handy.-Red Green

Offline fatfenders

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: central illinois ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2016, 09:23 AM »
This frigid weather might have us on the ice this weekend. I won't be able to check anything around here until tomorrow. Terrible conditions this season! Had a good 3" of black ice on a local pond before the rain and warm spell last Thursday and Friday.  :(  Wondering how Dawson Lake looks. The fishing wasn't the best there but it had ice when other lakes didn't last year. I'm probably going to hit a private lake with my neighbor Saturday but if plans change I'll let you know.

Kevin

Offline calicoslabslides

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:29 AM »
Fished a pond east of champaign last night. 4-5 inches of clear solid ice.  The bite was very slow with only a few marks showing intrest. We would have to get a blanket of snow cover to slow ice making. Looks like another warm up next week >:( better get out while you can. Be safe

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2016, 03:54 PM »
FINALLY, headed out tomorrow in knox county. Fishing a lake that has hardly any fish, but I GOT to get out and walk some HARDWATER! I'll post the ice conditions later.
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline fatfenders

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2016, 10:06 AM »
Fished a local private lake all day Saturday. Not a super fast bite but enough action to keep me entertained. Caught several nice crappie and a bunch of average gills. Hit a small pond behind my son's house on Sunday afternoon for a couple hours. Pretty much non-stop dink gills with some 15" bass thrown in. We had a blast. Can't complain if these are the only two times I get out this year.  ;D

Offline knol86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2016, 11:39 AM »
Was hoping to get out on Evergreen, Dawson, or lake Bloomington Saturday and Sunday.  Any one have any idea on ice conditions there or fishing report?

Offline Crappie Day11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2016, 07:10 PM »
Im south a ways but ice was gitin chalky soft to day by Saturday afternoon it would be unsafe in my book. but the bite was good to day im going again sat morn for sure. hope it holds up. 

Offline VanderLaan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2016, 07:38 AM »
I hate to be fatalistic, but 62 degrees on Sunday pretty much put wiped out any ice around Springfield.  Doubt that we will be able to recover.
The test of man is not how how far he will go to win, but how far he will go when he has already lost.

Offline spcsports

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2016, 05:22 PM »
Drove from Springfield to Peoria today. No ice left in spgfld but Lincoln north the ponds are still covered but I can't imagine they are safe to get on. Looks like my season was one day a week ago. BIG BUMMER!
Shawn

Offline calicoslabslides

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2016, 07:16 AM »
Man I heard that, talk about a short season. Guess the groundhog this morning thinks we will have an early spring.  :-\

Offline Jimmy Bomanti

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2016, 01:30 PM »

I am sorry to see the ice go, but I have a great ice out pattern and spot for muskies so i'll put the shanty away and replace it with the Crestliner!

Offline Crappie Day11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2016, 07:01 PM »
I just wish the weather would make its mind up.  >:(

Offline spcsports

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 11, 2016, 01:42 PM »
Let's keep each other informed the next couple of days on ice thickness.  Not sure if we'll get 3-4 inches by Saturday or Sunday in central Illinois but I hope so.
Shawn

Offline IlliniIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2016, 10:43 AM »
i checked a small pond yesterday on the knox/fulton county line that had open water last weekend and there was a little over 2 inches of hard clear ice
gotta hit it hard next week before it warms up again next weekend

Offline Crappie Day11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 13, 2016, 04:11 PM »
2in on a pond in Fulton county don't think we will be getting a second lil run  :-\

Offline IlliniIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 14, 2016, 11:33 AM »
i am going to carefully give it a try tomorrow
with 4 more nights below freezing, 3 in single digits, should be 4 inches where i checked thursday

Offline calicoslabslides

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 16, 2016, 07:27 AM »
Hey guys, tip toed out on 4 inch ice Sunday afternoon. Fished 12 fow with weeds and did OK on bluegills. Had no live bait so just used plastic. Real bummer that it will be upper 50's by friday. Pond was in North champaign co.

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 16, 2016, 02:17 PM »
Yesterday had 6 inches at Lake Story.   Probably only a few more days left with weather forecast. Gonna hit it hard while possible.

Offline Jimmy Bomanti

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 17, 2016, 09:04 AM »

I was on Evergreen yesterday.  I'd say 1/2 of the lake was open to skim ice and the rest was 8" of ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.