Author Topic: Mountain View  (Read 775 times)

Offline turdfurgeson

• IceShanty Rookie
Mountain View
« on: Jan 17, 2016, 08:30 AM »
Great day at Mountain View yesterday. Hooked a nice fish, but lost it. Saw some others with fish. 10" of ice. Remember the pole limit changes when you go there.

Offline idfishnhunt

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Mountain View
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2016, 08:03 PM »
Which is what...just one pole?  I've been wanting to go down there.  Sounds like good conditions right now.

Offline codeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2016, 09:57 AM »
Any new reports?  We're thinking of heading down on sat......I too am interested if you can still fish 2 poles with the right permit......

Offline idfishnhunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2016, 02:05 PM »
DAILY FISHING

*All Fisheries
$15.00 per Day
Mountain View and Sheep Creek with 2 poles   $20.00 per Day
Child Fishing (14 Yrs & Under for all fisheries)
$ 3.00  per Day

HARVEST/SIZE LIMITS:

Mountain View and Sheep Creek:  Adults are allowed to harvest 5 trout on a daily basis. However, adults are allowed to only retain 10 trout in possession. Children under 12 years old may harvest 4 trout daily and have 8 in possession. There are no size limits for these reservoirs. Trout of any size may be harvested.

Offline natebert

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2016, 05:10 PM »
Any new reports?  We're thinking of heading down on sat......I too am interested if you can still fish 2 poles with the right permit......

Ice was ~ 8-10 inches.
Fishing=awesome
Catching=not so good

Spent 6 hours (~9am-3pm) on the 23rd, straight out from the boat launch, near shore, and further out in the middle towards the dam, with zero luck.
Saw plenty fish on the fish finder, (mostly in the shallows) and threw everything at them (worms, marshmallows, salmon eggs, power-bait, lures, rattlers, etc.) but didn't even have a nibble.  First time skunked in a very long time.

Another angler we met mentioned that they had caught only 1 fish, near shore, filled with snails...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.