Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Beeds Lake/Interstate  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Beeds Lake/Interstate
« on: Jan 16, 2016, 11:16 PM »
Fished Interstate this morning and only marked a couple. Talked to the others out there with the same report. Moved to Beeds and fished the N. Shore with just a few small blue gills...talked to people around us with same report..moved by the dam and the bite was a little better. Mediocre sized bluegills and some people around us were hammering them.while others were getting skunked. Last hour or so I just fished waxworms deadsticking on the bottom.and caught a dozen small catfish. Action was really quick...Finally had the Moby Dick of catfish..4-5 pounds I'd guess and got him all the way up to the hole and he got wrapped in my other two lines and couldn't get his head to come up the hole so I had to stick my entire arm down the hole to get a hold of him...started brining him up and he took off and escaped my hand in that process he broke the line. It wasn't until I said a few words that I realized somewhere in that process it ended up breaking my newe noodle rod. Stayed another half hour without as much as a bite. Going to be hard to sleep tonight  >:(

Offline justin1234

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Beeds Lake/Interstate
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2016, 08:36 PM »
glad to hear about beeds.   you fish alot of the same stuff i fish bockster, where u from?  im in iowa falls

Offline crappie98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2016, 05:30 PM »
Beeds has slowed up.  Hit it for 4 days in a row taking home limits of gills and a good amount of crappies and yellows.  Talked to some guys that were there over the weekend and it had slowed pretty good.  Heard there were close to 40 shacks on the lake Saturday.  Sad to say as well that there were some slob fishermen out there who left small gills and yellows laying on the ice.  These people make me sick and give us all a bad name. 

Offline justin1234

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2016, 06:59 PM »
Ummm... if they only took out the runts they did more for the fishery than  you pulling limits out 4 days in a row....hope your hungry.   

Offline tyke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2016, 07:49 PM »
Well said Justin. Who is the slob here.
jdj

Offline 26perch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2016, 09:53 PM »
what size are the yellows

Offline justin1234

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2016, 10:03 PM »
just go to clear lake

Offline justin1234

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2016, 10:18 PM »
lol   beeds is fine, if you want to hit up the yellows hit clear lake

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2016, 11:05 PM »
I saw some pics of yellows caught at Beeds and they looked like they were 8"...Hit beeds up if you want a bucket of gills/yellows/crappie and maybe a cat or pike mixed in. Hit clear up if you want 100+ yellows with maybe a walleye, perch or crappie mixed in

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2016, 06:30 AM »
The slobs are the ones leaving fish on the ice and taking multiple limits in a week. Ignorance at its finest.

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2016, 06:17 PM »
Get every one of the yellows if you can.

Offline crappie98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2016, 07:58 AM »
Ummm... if they only took out the runts they did more for the fishery than  you pulling limits out 4 days in a row....hope your hungry.   

Actually leaving the fish on the ice is a slob fisherman.  If you are going to catch them either let them go or put them in a bucket and dump them in a field somewhere away from the lake.  It is no different than leaving trash.  Look at the want and waste law in the regulations.  I guess maybe I was raised with a bit more respect for public places than others.

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2016, 08:59 PM »
For those keeping and eating fish from Beeds, is it safe to eat and do they taste any different? I know Beeds has had some bad Ecoli outbreaks and after the Yellow Bass Bonanza I hope to ice some cats on Beeds if it's safe to consume them

Offline crappie98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2016, 09:25 AM »
Been eating them out of there for years and no problems.  Fished it on Wednesday.  Fish shut off by 10am.  Was a decent bite from 6am till 10am though.  Mix of gills, crappies, and yellows. 

Offline justin1234

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 14, 2016, 09:06 PM »
Fished beeds Saturday, from 130 to 530.  Got a few gills bite was slow though.  Lots of lookers,  few biters.  430 it picked up a bit.  It would have been a good day for a camera I think.

Offline justin1234

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 19, 2016, 06:47 PM »
fished beeds again this afternoon.  the bite was good!   the ice was good,  still 14 + inches with 1 inch of slush on top.   the bluegills were nice sized too

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.