The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Devil's Lake in March  (Read 1621 times)

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
Devil's Lake in March
« on: Jan 16, 2016, 10:02 PM »
I have some guys that want to do a late season trip to Devil's Lake with "Bry's Guide Service". I know our fishing up here on Fort Peck and Nelson usually picks up in March if we have ice. I assume the same applies for Devil's Lake? What are the conditions likely to be at that time? We're looking at march 20th. We usually end our ice season about then up here.

Offline RustyWaterDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Devil's Lake in March
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2016, 11:00 PM »
I've fished it as late as the end of April. The perch fishing is usually hot in March. The last couple years you needed a extension on the auger in March. Not sure that will be the case this year.

Offline JIMC_ND

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2016, 01:52 PM »
Should be good timing - I really like March at Devils Lake. Bry's is an excellent guide service too, they will get you on some fish.

Expect both walleye and perch fishing to be good and the pike are always biting. Good Luck in ND!

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2016, 12:21 PM »
Should be good timing - I really like March at Devils Lake. Bry's is an excellent guide service too, they will get you on some fish.

Expect both walleye and perch fishing to be good and the pike are always biting. Good Luck in ND!

Jim Carroll NPAA #13
Thanks for the info. I thought it might be good then. We are talking about staying an extra day and trying some spearing. I just got a new spear made by 9tine. It's a beauty!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.