Author Topic: The chain  (Read 902 times)

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
The chain
« on: Jan 16, 2016, 08:54 PM »
The bite was tough today. Had 6" of ice everwhere we drilled. took a few home. bite was about half jigging and half on tip downs. Interesting thing was that we only caught perch today. seems to be a very good population of decent sized perch. will see how the rest of the season goes.

Offline Chiroguyf250

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: The chain
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2016, 09:01 AM »
Awesome I love me some perch!
I've got your back!

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2016, 09:07 PM »
Tried this evening from sunset until 8. marked some fish but it was shut down cold. only bites were on the tip downs. ice grew significantly. had over 10" everywhere we drilled. I will try again saturday early in the AM. targeting what I do not know yet. may hit pistakee bay. hope my carburetor comes in for my power auger before then. the clam plate is alright but i far and away prefer the gas auger.

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2016, 09:22 AM »
Yesterday was a near echo of the previous saturday. Crappies shut down as soon as the sun came up. Perch bite was strong but fish were roaming in small groups. Staying on top of them was a challenge but we ended up with a couple dozen nice perch. Staying mobile was the key.  The tip downs didnt catch many fish but they sure did attract fish. The hottest holes were almost always near a tipdown. Tons of guys out. It was a bit crazy. May head out this afternoon for some bluegills if i get done what i need to today.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.