Author Topic: Little Bay de Noc  (Read 7563 times)

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
Little Bay de Noc
« on: Jan 14, 2016, 06:17 PM »
Got a nice meal today, about 6" of ice now and sleds/quads running everywhere north of Gladstone

Offline H2owalker

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Little Bay de Noc
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2016, 06:36 PM »
Nice little meal. See any side by sides out there?

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2016, 09:14 PM »
Got a nice meal today, about 6" of ice now and sleds/quads running everywhere north of Gladstone

(Image removed from quote.)

Did you walk out? I've never caught a perch out of the bay haha

Offline GripNrip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2016, 11:55 PM »
Nice catch!! Ill be heading out some time this weekend, glad to know its good to take the snowmobile!!

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2016, 05:37 AM »
yep side by sides are out also, always be careful especially by Saunders point and the river mouths, hauling the shanties out today.

Offline nhm6408

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2016, 12:37 PM »
It's always been a dream for me to go to LBDN ice fishing and was wondering whereabouts I should head out of. Recently moved to the UP and want to get out there bad. I'll be huffing it.

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2016, 04:32 PM »
short walk out behind the Terrace Bay Hotel, fish the mud flats with raps and moonshines, some really pigs out there. could try off the Kipling launch half mile hump to the dropoff

Offline GripNrip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2016, 07:08 PM »
DanaM any idea what the ice is like by the terrace? I seen a dozen shacks off of McDonalds in gladstone today but no one off the Terrace yet

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2016, 03:33 AM »
DanaM any idea what the ice is like by the terrace? I seen a dozen shacks off of McDonalds in gladstone today but no one off the Terrace yet

Saw several people behind the Terrace around 4pm yesterday, I heard 3-4" of ice, don't think I would risk a bike yet but that's just me lol

Offline Rippenlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Is it a keeepeerrr???"
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2016, 07:02 PM »
Hows the walleye bite in the morning? I might be headed there Saturday and will not make the morning bite and was wondering how the evening bite is. I spent 4 days last week/weekend on Gogebic and the evening walleye bite was on fire, morning bite was non existant.

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2016, 04:14 AM »
Hows the walleye bite in the morning? I might be headed there Saturday and will not make the morning bite and was wondering how the evening bite is. I spent 4 days last week/weekend on Gogebic and the evening walleye bite was on fire, morning bite was non existant.

I've been doing better at mid day than morning or evening....

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2016, 10:57 PM »
Could any locals of LBDN tell me what the cellular service is like for AT&T up your way? 

I'm planning on coming up next week, and using my navionics app to find the drop off.  With no service, I might just join a group, but I enjoy finding my own spots instead.  Thanks for any help with this.

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2016, 04:44 AM »
Verizon has better coverage but I think you will be alright with AT&T

Offline Depthfinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2016, 07:00 AM »
Does your app work off an existing contour map to find the drop off?

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2016, 08:12 AM »
Thanks, Dana.

The navionics app is like google maps, but when you zoom in to the lake you want to fish, it shows the lake contours.  Works similar to a hand held gps with a lake maps chip, but it only costs $9.99.  With no service though, it won't show where I am on the lake, but I will be able to see the contours and find the area I'm looking for by trial and error (lots of holes drilled). 

I've got the truck, atv, and of course, foot travel.  I hate asking the question about ice conditions, as we all know that every step you take on the ice is a gamble, but does it look like atv's are running around all over LBDN right now? 

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2016, 09:51 AM »
North of Gladstone atv's, trucks(with care) south of Gladstone atv's, sleds still be careful goofy weather this year.

Offline Depthfinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 05, 2016, 10:47 PM »
That is an incredibly powerful app!  I will check it out.  I am afraid however that the smaller lakes won't be included.

Offline Platinum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 06, 2016, 09:59 AM »
The smaller lakes are included.  I've fished lots if inland lakes across the UP and Northern WI, every lake has been included in the app.

Offline Bigdee29

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 06, 2016, 12:50 PM »
The smaller lakes are included.  I've fished lots if inland lakes across the UP and Northern WI, every lake has been included in the app.

The app is great. I used it for big lake salmon and trout fishing for a long time before I got my Lowrance. It has speed and distance and tons of other features. It's well worth the $9.99. The only lakes that I have not been able to get depth or contours on are lakes that have a dam. I believe its because the water level goes up and down so often that navionics doesnt want to be blamed for someone running into rocks or bottom when the dam is open and water level is down. Check it out but I second that its a great tool to add to your tackle box (phone)

Offline Depthfinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 07, 2016, 08:29 AM »
I do plan on getting this app.  Most DNR contour paper maps are also unavailable if they have fluctuating water levels so that is no problem.  I also like the thought of having all that information in a compact location even if I do not have cell service at the time.  I take the phone with me anyway why not fill it up!  I really appreciate your help.

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #20 on: Feb 08, 2016, 04:46 PM »
I would like to warn all the walleyes of Little Bay De Noc, tomorrow at noon you will be targeted. 

The End. 

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #21 on: Feb 10, 2016, 06:27 PM »
The weather and the walleyes beat us up badly.  Started fishing at 1:30pm yesterday, ended at 10:30 this morning.  Weather was brutal.  0 fish caught, a few lost on hook set.  Learned a lot about the system, and we will be back!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 10, 2016, 06:53 PM »
get em next time seems like you go all out when your out there wtg

Offline Flag UP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 10, 2016, 10:27 PM »

Fishing is Life.

« Reply #20 on: Feb 08, 2016, 03:46 PM »

I would like to warn all the walleyes of Little Bay De Noc, tomorrow at noon you will be targeted.

The End. "

The weather and the walleyes beat us up badly.  Started fishing at 1:30pm yesterday, ended at 10:30 this morning.  Weather was brutal.  0 fish caught, a few lost on hook set.  Learned a lot about the system, and we will be back!

You shouldn't have warned them in advance!

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Feb 11, 2016, 03:57 AM »
Fished for about 4 hours yesterday the wind was brutal!

Offline UPFishbucket

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Feb 13, 2016, 05:55 PM »
Heading out for the day tomorrow out a Kipling area with the truck any updates on conditions or catches? Also I have depth charts but cant really figure out what the reefs are the people talk about, any help appreciated!

Offline junobeans

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 13, 2016, 06:22 PM »
Upfishbucket let us know how you do heading up in two weeks like to see the reports!

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 14, 2016, 04:47 AM »
The reefs 1st, 2nd, 3rd and center are just long low underwater ridges running north south. They are all north of Kipling launch. Fishing has been real slow, good ice and travel isn't to bad yet.

Offline UPFishbucket

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Feb 15, 2016, 09:52 AM »
fished from 1130-6 started out from kipling launch in 24ft, missed a couple dink perch.  moved north to 27ft, caught 2 decent perch and missed 1 flag.  3 people running 6 tip ups and jigging.  marked very few fish, and the bigger marks were not aggressive enough to bite, through everything at em.  Slow day to say the least.

Offline junobeans

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 15, 2016, 06:45 PM »
Sorry fishing wasn't any better, but I guess that's fishin!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.