The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: I finally get the whole weekend  (Read 1713 times)

Offline JustLetMeFish

• IceShanty Rookie
I finally get the whole weekend
« on: Jan 13, 2016, 06:59 AM »
I finally get the whole weekend to fish!  Problem is, I'm not sure where to go. I'm looking for walleye and/or perch. I've been on Eckelson once a few weeks ago with no luck. Same goes for Island lake. Got a couple on Moon lake earlier but mostly little ones that were too small. Thinking about heading up to Devils Lake this weekend. Just going to be me and the wife. Anyone have any general areas to try?  I'm not very familiar with any of these lakes as far as ice fishing goes, I'm fairly new to this. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Offline KirklandLight

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: I finally get the whole weekend
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2016, 10:18 AM »
I've been hearing I should try Lake Alice if I head up there.

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2016, 09:26 PM »
Where are you at in ND. If around the N central part I would try the central lakes or up at Darling. How is Alice been this yr for Devils?
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Offline JustLetMeFish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2016, 09:43 AM »
Where are you at in ND. If around the N central part I would try the central lakes or up at Darling. How is Alice been this yr for Devils?

I'm out of Fargo

Offline KirklandLight

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2016, 10:09 AM »
From what I understand Alice is not normally open to fish. I worked around Lake Irvine for the last 3 years or so and heard guys had pretty good luck there. I would think Alice would follow suit.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2016, 12:02 PM »
If you take a look at Google Earth, Irvine, Alice,Chain, Mikes and Dry lakes are all pretty much the same lake now days. The thing about Alice and Chain lakes are they are part of the Lake Alice National Wildlife Refuge and I believe that it is only open to fishing during the winter because of nesting and migrating birds, like the southern part of Lake Audubon.

Offline KirklandLight

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2016, 11:34 PM »
I could be wrong but I believe the reason people are talking about it because it was never fishable even on the ice until this year.

Offline KirklandLight

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2016, 11:39 PM »
I guess what I would say is if you go up once or twice a year, pay for a guide to move you around. If your a guy like me on the eastern side of the state with spare time once in a while, there are plenty of other options.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.