The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Moving to Fargo?  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Gillzillia

• IceShanty Rookie
Moving to Fargo?
« on: Jan 12, 2016, 01:14 PM »
A job possibility may move me to Fargo.

I am from Sioux Falls currently and fish the local lakes and the NE lakes in SD.

How is the fishing near Fargo? I notice there are a lot of lakes in MN by Detroit Lakes that would be close to fish.

Thanks for any insight as this is a factor in my decision!

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
Re: Moving to Fargo?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2016, 06:10 PM »
There are a lot of small lakes and sloughs from east of Bismarck to Fargo. A lot of them have large perch in them that you hear stories about after the fact; as in "You should have been here 2 weeks ago, we were hauling the jumbos out by the 5 gallon bucket full!" That's not hard to do when you start putting a limit of 20 perch 12"- 15" into buckets. Mudd and Pearl lakes over that way had that happen just 2 years ago.

Offline flylinemt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2016, 08:23 PM »
I moved north of Fargo on the Mn side last April. What Ive found is , there is so many Bodies of water with in a !00 mile radius from where I live, I will not be able to check them all out in my life time. But I have found a few gems already. Dont worry about finding good places to fish. I work in Fargo also.

Offline Gillzillia

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2016, 05:50 AM »
Good to know. Thanks for the replies.

Nothing certain for our move yet, lots of details to consider before making the decision. This would  be mid summer 2016 if it happens.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.