Author Topic: East and West shoals any reports  (Read 3102 times)

Offline revren

• IceShanty Rookie
East and West shoals any reports
« on: Jan 10, 2016, 10:10 PM »
Anyone have anything to say about fishing at these two lakes as of lately. was out at east shoal/ church access and it was a little slow out there so I'll give it a couple of days and will hit it a gain this week to see if any changes in  my luck. But I was thing of going to west shoal for a fish and look around see how many shacks are out and people. good luck everyone thanks for your help :)

Offline Lockport1850

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: East and West shoals any reports
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2016, 09:07 PM »
Did you drive on by truck, snowmobile, or walk?

Offline revren

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2016, 10:17 PM »
no I didn't but I will be from now on I know the area and I checked the ice and its 14 to 16 inchs in the area I fish. so no more walking i'll be driving and there is all ready trucks driving the lake just braver than me.

Offline Lockport1850

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2016, 06:15 PM »
Okay, trucks it is! thanks for your response.

Offline revren

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2016, 09:40 PM »
Any up dates on these lake anyone.  travel/ luck /jerks you saw.

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2016, 10:39 AM »
I was there last Saturday. Saw only a 2 trucks and 1 ATV on the west side of ESL. I sledded to WSL from ESL (12kms) and only saw 2 other people out there but there were quite a few trucks out by the shacks on the west side of WSL. They're driving on off #518. I spoke to one gentleman from Starbuck that fished there in the morning and he reported that it was VERY slow. Not much for marks except for minnows. I had the same result.......made a bunch of holes in the deeper area of the lake while my Grandson went hole hopping using his MarCum. He didn't mark a single fish. I never bothered wetting a line myself  :P The winds started picking up so we left after only fishing for a little over 1 hour. We had left the shelter and heater back at the truck because it seemed so mild where we parked  ::) Glad we left when we did as the winds really picked up speed when we made it back to the highway. I stopped and talked to the folks from Steinbach that were there on ESL. Not a single bite  ::) When i was loading the sled on the trailer the truck I passed on ESL also came off the lake. Same result for him! Very dismal and discouraging. Perhaps it will be better in March  ???
Anyone else have any luck there recently?
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline jason22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2016, 08:50 AM »
I was hoping to head there this Saturday,  but doesn't sound to promising by your posts. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.