Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Cornelia  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Cornelia
« on: Jan 06, 2016, 07:00 PM »
3-6" ice. Very spotty in front of bridge and some slushy areas in the middle ...Most are was were 4"+ although we did hit 3" closer to the bridge. Marked fish in nearly every hole (30+ holes)...Most holes had just solid red from the bottom to About 3 or 4 ft up..all little yellows. Didn't catch a single yellow over 5"...Loads of little yellows and a small perch. Fished all over north shore and put from boat ramp. 8-17 fow..waxies and cut bait...Keep every yellow you catch. Use it as fertilizer or something..

Offline teamhardcorefishing_cc

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wiggle wiggle wiggle...Yea fish on
Re: Lake Cornelia
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2016, 08:53 AM »
Thanks for the report

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2016, 10:06 AM »
Does anyone know of there's a skid loader or some type of vehicle at the bottom of the lake? Not recently but for years I've heard quitem a few people tell me theres a skid loader or some type of vehicle on the bottom of the lake but I've never heard of anyone finding it. I'm assuming it's in the deep hole on the north shore as anything shallower would've found found a prop or boater...Anyone known if there's anything legit about it or just a fisherman's tale?

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2016, 11:20 AM »
Back in the old days they use to put an old junk car with a cable hooked to it and a clock in it then take bets on what day and hour it would go thru come ice out.  That was before EPA and such.  Seems like it was on the North end and East of where the bridge is.  Your history lesson for the day.

Offline 26perch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2016, 06:24 PM »
I believe it was out from west side about where fishing jetty is now

Offline mrmike113

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2016, 09:55 PM »
theres a car and a boat

Offline SlimeyJim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2016, 10:01 PM »
there is a little tractor and pieces of a floating barge too

Offline Bockster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2016, 06:28 PM »
Fished it for an hour and a half today. Cleaned 10 yellows..Kept 30 3" yellows as well. Fished the deep 18 ft hole and the bridge area and only caught 3 inch yellows...moved to 12-15 fow. South of the 18 ft hole and started catching "bigger" yellows. Nothing big big...7" yellows but filletable. Biggest tip would be drill lots of.holes and if you're marking fish suspended 10 ft down to keep moving. Anything suspended above the bottom couple feet is likely just a three inch yellow. The bigger ones seem to.be hugging the bottom. Line yourself up with the house with the big glass panels to the east, bridge to the north, and boat ramp to the west and drill out that area....Keep every yellow you catch

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2016, 03:34 AM »
I think that lake is too far gone. Too many bucket biologists out there. Yellows are going to ruin a lot of lakes in N.W. IOWA, I think it will be a few more years to see  how bad it gets around Okoboji. Lost Island has a sh!t ton in it now. Trumbull and Virgin were drained a nd dry for at least 2 years. They'll probably be in there soon as well.

Offline icyclone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2016, 11:01 PM »
I know ice seasons over but I'll be hittin Cornelia tomorrow to try and do my bit to lower the yellow population, any suggestions where to hit? I'll be shore-bound without a boat so any access points I can use would be nice to know as it will be my first time at the lake

Offline icyclone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2016, 05:35 PM »
Been at the marina the last two days, spent about four hours each time and left with buckets of 50 5-7 inchers after a lot of sorting, today I caught the majority jigging a spoon using an ice rod, tossed the little ones up on the shore, gotta thin the herd!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.