Author Topic: MARCUM VS485C CAMERA  (Read 946 times)

Offline aquaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • This is what we do and when we do it.
MARCUM VS485C CAMERA
« on: Jan 06, 2016, 10:16 AM »
Hi, guys, any thoughts on this unit. Also how do the camera heads do in deep water with current. I fish Erie 45 to 60 plus ft and there's usually a light to moderate current. I see you can face the heads downward which should help. Any big water guys use these?
I remember  EVERY DAY  I Hunted or Fished, .......The other days I...uh....umm.....must a did somethin, else.

Offline aquaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • This is what we do and when we do it.
Re: MARCUM VS485C CAMERA
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2016, 05:25 PM »
ok thanks anyway
I remember  EVERY DAY  I Hunted or Fished, .......The other days I...uh....umm.....must a did somethin, else.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2016, 06:00 PM »
only 59 reads.

i can tell what little i know. i had a cabela cam and tried it in 45 for water and i could see maybe 20" or so and tons of plankton and they acted like fog so the lens couldn't see far and it was black and white and i added lights to the system and still was bad. took it back the next day.
so from what i learned, deep water and cams aren't very good. i do now have marcum lx9 camera and know what i think it's limits are before hand. it does come with a long cord tho, but i only expect good video from shallow water in the day light. it is fish shaped like cabelas was for current is my guess and is heavy and you can add a fin to it. they are supposed to be the same camera.

try asking in the wrong section (general section) like every one else does and you'll get more hits that way.

Offline DFresh75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2016, 07:11 PM »
My Aqua Vu 740 came with Ballasts.  That should help

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech

Offline varmonter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2016, 03:35 PM »