Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Spirit/Boji  (Read 15158 times)

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Spirit/Boji
« Reply #30 on: Jan 27, 2016, 07:47 PM »
I love you man!

Offline nwifisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 27, 2016, 08:53 PM »
I have caught a lot more quality walleyes on west this year than any other year. I have caught probably a dozen slots and 4 over the slot with the biggest being 24". There are a lot of dinks but I have caught 2-3 14-16" the last 3 times out.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 27, 2016, 09:27 PM »
Should have been there 10 years ago before the DNR decided to fix what wasn't broken. Way better. Most people are keeping those 12 inchers ya know
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 27, 2016, 10:21 PM »
Should have been there 10 years ago before the DNR decided to fix what wasn't broken. Way better. Most people are keeping those 12 inchers ya know

I don't know but they say the best eating walleyes are 12-16.9 inches long.  Most I have talked to are favorable to the slot.  I am a rookie and new to that lake so it is all new to me.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 27, 2016, 11:44 PM »
I'm sure people are in favor of the slot. It lets you keep dinks, of which there are legions.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline rauk42

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 28, 2016, 06:45 AM »
Heading that way on Saturday to fish the afternoon and all night, trying for some walleyes anyone have any advice or spots they would recommend? Thinking of setting up on Spirit but am open to any suggestions? Thank you any advice given very appreciated!!!

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 28, 2016, 09:50 AM »
I am not a walleye guy. We all know Spirit has a lot of walleyes. My only help to you is.......Anglers Bay has good safe ice!

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 29, 2016, 06:24 AM »
Sounds like from Kabele's report that West O is producing nice walleyes. East Lake is on fire for yellows, gills and perch.  But it probably changes every day so who knows.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 30, 2016, 06:44 AM »
I think Kabele's uses the term HOT on a relative basis. I never made it to the cluster of shacks so maybe those guys are doing good. But there was a lot of guys moving around yesterday. I fished the worst hours of the day yesterday,  10-230 and got 10 perch and 5 yellow bass. That was about how many I wanted to clean so it was a great day. Was gonna hit East again Saturday but a buddy wanted to go to West so I changed my plans over to that. I feel the fish of every lake should feel my wrath. Spirit,  your turn is coming.

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Jan 30, 2016, 09:16 AM »
Definition of wrath: Forceful vengence, often strong vindictive anger😈  Please fish happy and reply kindly✌️

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 30, 2016, 03:09 PM »
It's not too hard right now to fill a bucket up with yellows on East right now. Mobility is huge. You have to keep moving.

As for Kabeles using the word HOT, all they want is to get you in their store and spend some money since they're all the way up on Spirit. They don't give out anymore info than what they put online.  Ive never been a fan of them personally. To each their own.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 30, 2016, 05:49 PM »
I went to Emerson along with 9 million other people today. People were moving moving moving. I found a good hole and ended up with 16 bluegills. I fished from 9-3. I bet it got really good after 4.

Offline NW Iowa Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 30, 2016, 06:57 PM »
How was the bite up there today boys?

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 30, 2016, 07:08 PM »
Definition of wrath: Forceful vengence, often strong vindictive anger😈  Please fish happy and reply kindly✌️

I think that being dragged into an environment where you can't breathe and then held captive and killed falls into the definition of wrath.

Offline drakevh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 30, 2016, 11:11 PM »
It's not too hard right now to fill a bucket up with yellows on East right now. Mobility is huge. You have to keep moving.

As for Kabeles using the word HOT, all they want is to get you in their store and spend some money since they're all the way up on Spirit. They don't give out anymore info than what they put online.  Ive never been a fan of them personally. To each their own.

I could not agree with you any more. I'm not a fan of Kabeles and they will not be getting any more of my business. For one their location sucks - I dont fish Spirit - two they totally stiffed me when i came in early this season while they told this other group that was looking at an auger all the good locations for the week. I get that i wasn't spending $500 that day, but still if you want to build a loyal customer you better be doing more.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 31, 2016, 09:31 AM »
Kabele's location is awful. Other then that it's a fine bait shop.

Offline GB 83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Feb 01, 2016, 06:42 AM »
Kabele's, I have been to the IGLs now 3 times so far this year. I have found that the owner Thane have been nothing but truthful and bang right on. They told me where to try. He told me the ice condition. Thank God he did. I took ATV out on Spitit. Ice varied from 15 inches to as little as 8 inches. "As far as Hot bite" Kabele's was bang on! Had my limits of perch (8.5-11") everyday before noon! Then ended the day fishing for gills and yellow's. Took hm 100+ fish from the IGLs. All 3 trips, I took limits of perch home(50 perch) My wife said freezer is full. No more fish😉 I say thank you Thane/Kabele's!! and for getting off the ice safely.  Which is the most important part !!!

Now if people want to  complain about  someone's livelihood and the way they conduct business. Just because you can't catch fish on a HOT bite (May you be perfect at your job everyday) only one man walked this earth perfect and they nailed him to a cross. So don't hide behind your ice shanty name. So Put your real name and where you are from.  And good luck fishing and be safe out there

GB 83
Ken Wright
Olathe KS

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:40 AM »
You guys are starting to sound like the Clear Lake crew.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Feb 02, 2016, 03:48 PM »
Anyone make it out today? I hope not for your sake

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Feb 02, 2016, 05:57 PM »
I have a friend that limited out on gills on West in about two hours this afternoon.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Feb 02, 2016, 06:42 PM »
I have a friend that limited out on gills on West in about two hours this afternoon.

What's the name on the permie so I can use it as a starting point

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Feb 02, 2016, 09:04 PM »
He was in his Clam Yukon. He called and told me I got to go join him and I said I can't even see the end of my block there's no way!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Feb 02, 2016, 10:56 PM »
He is gonna need a new shack after today.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Feb 03, 2016, 06:28 AM »
He needed a new shack about a month after he bought this one ha...

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Feb 04, 2016, 02:09 PM »
Anyone been out? Are the lakes snow covered? Thanks

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Feb 06, 2016, 08:31 AM »
Anyone been out? Are the lakes snow covered? Thanks
Yes and Yes

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Feb 06, 2016, 09:53 AM »
Yes and Yes

I was out yesterday and the lakes are dead, as far as human activity goes. There was about one tenth as many people fishing as last Friday

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Feb 06, 2016, 07:26 PM »
I was out yesterday and the lakes are dead, as far as human activity goes. There was about one tenth as many people fishing as last Friday
A lot of human activity today. A lot of fin activity today. West "O" felt my wrath!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Feb 08, 2016, 07:32 AM »
Doubt there are many out today. Mondays are always slow, but wow is it windy

Offline Bigairjer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Feb 08, 2016, 09:32 AM »
So a buddy and I decided to head up to Spirit last Friday to fish.  We were the first guys in bait shop and were the first vehicle on the ice!  I told him to stay in someone else's tracks to not get stuck.  Went out and just decided to stop and try it, 1st time up there this year.  So we set up the shack and are just minding our own business and having a good time.  All of a sudden a truck and wheelhouse come flying up to us.  The guy gets out and starts yelling and cussing at us because we are in "HIS" spot???  He went on for about a hour and finally went in his shack.  We never said a word to the moron, I have never had this happen!!!  We moved later and just got away from him and had a good time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.