Author Topic: Lockport Memory  (Read 1485 times)

Offline size38pants

• IceShanty Rookie
Lockport Memory
« on: Jan 03, 2016, 11:44 PM »
About 25 years ago there weren't near the shacks at Lockport that there are now. Does anyone remember a guy that looked like a mountain man who fished there on and off. I believe he was from Southern Manitoba. He'd arrive in a rear wheel drive old truck loaded with scrap lumber and proceed to build a shack piece by piece. They ended up looking like Frontier forts. I believe he'd stay overnight and for several days. Then he'd dismantle it and be gone. Next time he showed up, same deal but a slightly different design. I think one was a little two story loft.

Offline GREEN-BACK-HUNTER

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lockport Memory
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2016, 04:55 PM »
I remember that

Offline revren

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2016, 09:42 AM »
Is that the same guy who used to come  in a cab over unit on his truck with canada  goose necks and heads on it and antlers . he'd say to people maybe on day we drink whiskey together with a thick europeon accent.

Offline quickstrike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2016, 01:55 PM »
Is that the same guy who used to come  in a cab over unit on his truck with canada  goose necks and heads on it and antlers . he'd say to people maybe on day we drink whiskey together with a thick europeon accent.

That sounds like that older blue Dodge truck I remember seeing out there as a kid in the earlier 1980's ;) More Lockport memories are the piles of Burbot left frozen on the ice & not too many power augers. We've drilled many holes with a 6" hand auger & sat on the lee side of the truck for shelter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.