Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2016  (Read 55637 times)

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2016
« Reply #240 on: Feb 10, 2016, 06:38 AM »
I think he should run!! :clap:"PAY IT FORWARD"  platform. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

He'd get My Vote.  ;)

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #241 on: Feb 10, 2016, 06:57 AM »
He'd get My Vote.  ;)

X2. Plus imagine CH as the first lady.

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #242 on: Feb 10, 2016, 07:03 AM »
Great job Jiggin!!!

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #243 on: Feb 10, 2016, 08:08 AM »
Apparently there are 2 versions of this video someone told me.

Too (two) funny.

One is the "Only person who hasn't met a candidate".
The other "Fishing for Votes".

Laker Taker makes an appearance in one of them on his wheeler.

http://on.msnbc.com/20TQ2i5

http://on.msnbc.com/1SFN67R

Classic stuff !! Jr thought it was awesome watching it this morning
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Offline TogueRogue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #244 on: Feb 10, 2016, 10:01 AM »
Jiggin, thats awesome stuff ...but I do think the candidates missed the boat with the "circus"...I mean, c'mon, 10,000 plus views...all that free readership...I have this mental picture of Chris Christie and the "Donald" pounding on bobhouse doors up there...too funny...

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #245 on: Feb 10, 2016, 01:15 PM »
I wanted to see Hilary come out wearing creepers. Pretty sure that's not gonna happen.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #246 on: Feb 10, 2016, 01:29 PM »
I wanted to see Hilary come out wearing creepers. Pretty sure that's not gonna happen.
Maybe if you had your old shack still with all its decorations - though the new one looks great.

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #247 on: Feb 10, 2016, 01:46 PM »
Hey Jiggin is the majority of Newfound skimmed over? Is there any ice north of mayhew?

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #248 on: Feb 10, 2016, 02:13 PM »
Hey Jiggin is the majority of Newfound skimmed over? Is there any ice north of mayhew?

No the lake is still wide open. There is no safe ice north of mayhem. We checked it last weekend and the black ice that was there was tissue paper thin, wouldn't even support the weight of my chisel.

Sorry.

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #249 on: Feb 10, 2016, 02:40 PM »
No the lake is still wide open. There is no safe ice north of mayhem. We checked it last weekend and the black ice that was there was tissue paper thin, wouldn't even support the weight of my chisel.

Sorry.
That's really weird how last week (maybe 2 weeks ago) when winni caught, newfound didn't? lots of winni has ice, just not fishable ice. But at least it is there so when it does get cold, some ice can get created...

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #250 on: Feb 10, 2016, 03:37 PM »
That's really weird how last week (maybe 2 weeks ago) when winni caught, newfound didn't? lots of winni has ice, just not fishable ice. But at least it is there so when it does get cold, some ice can get created...

Probably lots of coves on Winni have ice. There aren't a lot of coves on Newfound that aren't subjected to wind. That's probably the difference. We can only hide behind Mayhew and maybe at times behind Belle and Cliff island. The rest of the lake is wide open to the wind.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #251 on: Feb 10, 2016, 03:48 PM »

Ha!  Hillary gives me the creepers...
I can picture it in my mind...six secrets service agents with chisels walking out with her and slick willy in tow...
Be a perfect "act" for the Circus!

Offline Icicle1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #252 on: Feb 10, 2016, 03:49 PM »
Pretty fish.
Is it sometimes a fish being caught or you?

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #253 on: Feb 10, 2016, 05:11 PM »
Ha!  Hillary gives me the creepers...
I can picture it in my mind...six secrets service agents with chisels walking out with her and slick willy in tow...
Be a perfect "act" for the Circus!
Ya know, I kind of have that picture myself.  ::)
In my version, the 6 SSA's are there with their chisels....Hillary's riding her broom and slick Willy stays on shore hoping she don't make it back...  ;) 

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #254 on: Feb 10, 2016, 05:43 PM »
Ya know, I kind of have that picture myself.  ::)
In my version, the 6 SSA's are there with their chisels....Hillary's riding her broom and slick Willy stays on shore hoping she don't make it back...  ;)

;D Perfect! I like your vision!

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #255 on: Feb 10, 2016, 08:24 PM »
Love it Mister Jiggin and all the Circus....your hospitality and welcoming to the boys and I was very overwhelming! Now next time we see you all, I'll be the one calling YOU, the Legend ;)  You deserve the 'spotlight' my friend...keep up the campaign! :)

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #256 on: Feb 12, 2016, 07:17 PM »
2/12/2016

Had today off as the wind wasn't going to be too bad. It wasn't but it was cold.

Fished in the house until Tippin got out of work then we did some scouting around. Where we went it was only 2-3" of snow combined with black ice. Wasn't good but we managed to get into some deeper water. No way to set up a portable and certainly didn't take the wheelers out. Just huffed it out and fished on open ice.

Tippin had a pizza for lunch and i had a ribeye.

Nothing to show for our efforts today but still nice to fish on fresh waters.

Will be a good weekend to hunker down in the bob house with the expected winds and cold this weekend.

Offline DIRTDOG

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #257 on: Feb 12, 2016, 07:58 PM »
Dirtdog here, Finally ice shanty official! No ice yet down here in the greater Boston area, but the temps are steadily dropping. Hoping to make a few more trips to see the circus before the season is over. Worth the drive up even if I get skunked! Thanks to Jiggin and the rest of you guys for being so inviting. See you crazy guys out there! :o :tipup:

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #258 on: Feb 13, 2016, 05:07 AM »
Great dirtdog to see you in here!

Welcome to Iceshanty and of course the Newfound Circus.

The next video has you in it so stay tuned.

See you soon.

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #259 on: Feb 13, 2016, 07:45 AM »
Jiggin, can you tell what type of drone you use. Thanks

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #260 on: Feb 14, 2016, 10:58 AM »
2/14/2016 Valentine's Day.

Crazy cold and windy.

-13f and wind chill -42f
27mph wind ++

Wheeler wouldn't start. Took sled instead. Brian freeze on the way out. Need to remember helmet.
Took a while to get everything set up and heated.

Been waiting for this. Not so much the wind though.

Seeing lakers in pairs but just swimming around.

More later.

Offline FishingFarmer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #261 on: Feb 14, 2016, 01:19 PM »
Hello I'm new to this forum and ice fishing on newfound. I'm going to be coming down from VT to work at camp Mowglis next week and am planning on getting out in the mornings and at night. Wondering if anyone has been on the north end yet this year? Also wondering if their is good smelting on that side. It all seems to be about right just wondering. Also wanted to clarify about lines too. Assuming that 6 cusk lines means 5 plus a jig. And that 2 trout lines is either 2 tip ups or combination of tip up and jig equaling 2. Thanks for any info and hopefully I'll get I meet some of the newfound circus folks while I'm down there.

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #262 on: Feb 14, 2016, 01:31 PM »
Welcome, check the NH Fish &Game site to review regs. Cusk lines means 6 cusk lines. (check regs that describe cusk line) They can not be jigged. Your are correct on two lines. Two tip-ups or 1tip-up and one jig stick. Ice has been crazy this year every where. Bring a chisel and check as you go! Good luck

Offline FishSlayer20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #263 on: Feb 14, 2016, 01:37 PM »
Hello I'm new to this forum and ice fishing on newfound. I'm going to be coming down from VT to work at camp Mowglis next week and am planning on getting out in the mornings and at night. Wondering if anyone has been on the north end yet this year? Also wondering if their is good smelting on that side. It all seems to be about right just wondering. Also wanted to clarify about lines too. Assuming that 6 cusk lines means 5 plus a jig. And that 2 trout lines is either 2 tip ups or combination of tip up and jig equaling 2. Thanks for any info and hopefully I'll get I meet some of the newfound circus folks while I'm down there.

It is a stocked lake for lakers and or salmon, The law reads two lines. a pole has fishing line right? both the tip ups have fishing line right? so any combination you are no able to have more than two lines in the water at any giving time(other than cusk traps). People this is a great site for information and meeting great people but it doesn't have the rules and regulations of the NH fish and game there website has that and it clearly states two lines. Better to be knowledgeable and know where to find the law, Then to question if someone was right or wrong when the game warden is there!

Here you go all the information someone may need.
http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/legislative/
I will miss my wife this winter, I'll see her in the spring!

Offline FishingFarmer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #264 on: Feb 14, 2016, 02:21 PM »
Thanks I read the regs and found them to be confusing. Y'all have a lot of rules in New Hampshire, which is probably why you have such nice fisheries. Any idea why no jigging cusk? Assuming conservation reason

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #265 on: Feb 14, 2016, 02:54 PM »
Thanks I read the regs and found them to be confusing. Y'all have a lot of rules in New Hampshire, which is probably why you have such nice fisheries. Any idea why no jigging cusk? Assuming conservation reason

You can have 6 set cusk lines and still jig another hole for cusk. Set cusk lines need to be checked every 24 hours.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/fishing/cusk-fishing.html

Yes, it's a 2 trap lake or 1 trap and 1 jig hole. Hope this helps, welcome to the site.

http://www.eregulations.com/newhampshire/fishing/freshwater/

Offline FishSlayer20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #266 on: Feb 14, 2016, 02:57 PM »
No you able are to Jig for a cusk as just said but that Jig is also consider a line in the water out of your two. In addition you can have 6 traps that are designated cusk lines, they have to meet a certain criteria . Also welcome aboard
I will miss my wife this winter, I'll see her in the spring!

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #267 on: Feb 14, 2016, 05:53 PM »
2/14/2016 Valentine's Day.

Crazy cold and windy.

-13f and wind chill -42f
27mph wind ++

Wheeler wouldn't start. Took sled instead. Brian freeze on the way out. Need to remember helmet.
Took a while to get everything set up and heated.

Seeing lakers in pairs but just swimming around.

More later.

So Jiggin, the area on South Newfound is now safe for sled/wheeler travel?  Thinking about going out before the snow/rain ordeal hits on Tuesday...

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #268 on: Feb 15, 2016, 07:24 AM »
Last night HAD to have made some ice!! It was dead calm about 11pm and 12 below zero. Hopefully enough to defend against tomorrows rain.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #269 on: Feb 15, 2016, 02:10 PM »
Last night HAD to have made some ice!! It was dead calm about 11pm and 12 below zero. Hopefully enough to defend against tomorrows rain.

Thanks! Turns out I came down with a terrible stomach bug at 3 am this morning...
No going anywhere that doesn't have toilets and barf bags...draining the crap out of me. >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.