The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Info about Devils Lake  (Read 1402 times)

Offline The Sandhiller

• IceShanty Rookie
Info about Devils Lake
« on: Dec 22, 2015, 05:46 PM »
Hey all,
My youngest daughter and I are traveling up from western Nebraska to Devils Lake in mid January. This is our first trip, so we are probably going to be struggling to find the fish. Can anybody give us any areas (not specific coordinates ;)) to target in order to bag a few perch and walleye? Any areas to avoid? We'll be there for 3 days, what are the lakes like surrounding the big lake?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Info about Devils Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2016, 12:31 AM »
Let me start off by saying DL is an awesome lake but it can be a very frustrating lake. I used to think ill just head over and be in the fish. Well that doesnt work out so well because it is such a big lake with various spots for fish to be. Ive been fishing it for 3 years now and can tell you I have so many spots marked its hard to know where to go. Unless you fish it daily I or know someone who does my best info for you is to pick up a guide. Even if its just for your 1st day its well worth the money. I personally recommend John Adams from Big Johns Guide Service. I have used him multiple times in the last 3 years and always been very please with his service. He has the top of the line equipment and even cooks you a hot meal on the ice. Ill be coming from MI to meet a buddy from Idaho and we always use John for at least the 1st day. Heres his website    http://www.fishingguidedevilslake.com/ice_fishing.html. ALso check out his FB page it seems he has been doing very well this season. I have no affiliation to John just a satisfied customer who has become a friend of his. If you have any other questions feel free to ask or even shoot me a PM. Might even be in the area when your there.
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.