Author Topic: Striker Customer Service  (Read 3109 times)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Striker Customer Service
« on: Dec 15, 2015, 04:31 PM »
They did good by me.  Bought a performance hoodie and the zipper broke.  They asked for a few pictures of the issues and are sending me a new one!  Figured it might be useful to know they stand by their stuff. 

Offline wiel0059

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Striker Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2015, 04:40 PM »
I've never had an issue with any of my Striker stuff (and I have a lot now), but I've heard this same thing from others.

Also, they did an awesome thing for a Veteran over the weekend at the Milwaukee Ice Show I saw on Facebook - gave him a free suit when he wont a contest and gave it to his wife. So they won 2 full suits after they found out he was a Vet. Stuff like that is too rare these days it seems. They definitely seem like a top notch company!

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2015, 04:52 PM »
That's very cool, I have a coat from them and I like it better than my snojacket.  When my bibs die I will be getting a pair from them.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2015, 05:31 PM »
Ill be spending some more coin with them for sure.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2015, 06:04 PM »
i just bought a new one too and the zipper opened up from the near bottom up like it couldn't keep locked into the teeth while i had it zipped most of the way up because of a hard rain. i should let them know i guess.
pissed me off. 110$ for crap zippers. i payed a lot less on all of my other hoodies and never had that happen before.

how did your zipper break?

is this the only way to get in touch with them?
http://strikerbrands.com/contact-us
no phone number that i see any where.

never mind................

Striker Brands LLC

579 Schommer Drive, Unit B

Hudson, WI 54016

[email protected]

Tel 651.788.9858

Fax 651.368.7481

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2015, 08:04 PM »
Mine got jammed at the bottom and in a slight rage I ripped the thing off.  Thankfully I only paid 70.00 bones for it, end of season deal.  I used the email.  It took a few days for them to respond but once contact was initiated they were very responsive.  I agree that being left with a jacket that doesnt zip right is tough.  The performance otherwise though is pretty good. 

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2015, 08:51 PM »
Striker took over the ice apparel business without a doubt. The jackets and bibs are great and I've owned a lot of brands. Its great to hear that customer service is backing up the brand.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2015, 08:55 PM »
thanks for the info.

as for the hoodie, i have a meijer thrifty acres (MTA) jacket with a hood (35$) the fabric is made exactly the same. i was not impressed with that fact when i opened the package the striker hoodie came in. also they claimed it had a built-in hood visor and i wear glasses and needed that visor and it does not come with it, another bummer about the hoodie. the zipper simply opening with my hands in the pockets walking in the rain is really bad news! sending me another will not fix their zippers. the inside tiny pockets are the biggest joke they could play on anyone! smaller than a pack of smokes. it would have been better if they never added them in the first place. for the money they want, they should have had nice pockets every where like their parkas.

this striker hoodie is just like that jacket and i would say it is their liner and not a hoodie at all other than it has a hood.

i would not recommend this hoodie and it is not performance in any way.

i'm going to try to get my money back. especially after hearing your story, thinking my zipper problem was just a fluke.

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2015, 10:07 PM »
Wonderful product!!!
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2015, 10:16 PM »
Yes same thing happened on my zipper but I wasn't at all impressed with design so I had a better zipper put in. Love their clothes though. Climate suit I'd design a bit differently with the zipper quality lacking there as well. Hardwater suit spot on no issues it's carhart tough imo.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2015, 10:52 PM »
I've had good luck with striker cs. Seems like all their gloves rip at the thumb joint, they never have a problem replacing them. My only gripe is when my crotch ripped out on my original lite suit. The one year warranty was up so they wouldn't fix them for free. Which I understand, but it was a well known defect that they were very well aware of. I wish the crotch would of gone sooner. Oh well. They did replace the padding in the knees though within the warrantied year and that went great.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2015, 10:55 PM »
I do wish the gloves were made a bit better though. I've owned a lot of their gloves and it seems like the stitching on them just suck.

Offline silverado23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2015, 01:40 PM »
Although Striker CS is responsive, Their website may be out of date.

I ordered some striker guardian youth bibs this winter for my son. They looked a bit funny and noticed the bibs were missing the large cargo pockets.
After double checking both the website for Striker Ice and Gander Mountain,  I sent an email to their customer service.

Both websites show photos that the bibs should have pockets.  The initial response for Striker customer service was that they should have pockets.
After sending photos for confirmation and cross shipping information, I received a response today that stated that the model I have is the new 2015 model that no longer has pockets and the photos on the site apparently show the 2014 model that has pockets.

How disappointing.   Now I have to decide if I want to return them or what I should do.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #13 on: Dec 17, 2015, 02:46 PM »
I've had good luck with striker cs. Seems like all their gloves rip at the thumb joint, they never have a problem replacing them. My only gripe is when my crotch ripped out on my original lite suit. The one year warranty was up so they wouldn't fix them for free. Which I understand, but it was a well known defect that they were very well aware of. I wish the crotch would of gone sooner. Oh well. They did replace the padding in the knees though within the warrantied year and that went great.
they fixed my striker lite bibs and hardwater bibs for nothing multiple times.i wish they wouldve just gave me a updated version of the striker bibs because they will not stay together.first run of striker lite and hardwater bibs didn't have enough material overlap to sew together correctly and the crotches of  both my bibs are ripped out again.i only got 2 years out of both sets.i got a free set of striker gloves  and those are ripping out the seams also.im wary of buying the new version of the bibs so im going to try a different brand even though striker says new improved crotch panel.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 17, 2015, 04:07 PM »
I picked up the new predators this fall. I'm pretty sure they fixed the crotch issue.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Dec 17, 2015, 05:47 PM »
i called striker to let them know whats going on here and with the zipper on the performance hoodie. marley just wants to send another exact garment. it will have the same zipper. time will tell if they are all junk zippers or not.
mine was bought 11.07.15. didn't really need it much either yet.
so yes, they have great customer service, just not so sure about the quality of that zipper they used.

just walking in the rain with hands in the pockets should not have opened the zipper wide opened between the pull and bottom of the zipper.

i had to force the pull down hard as if i had to break it to get it apart so i could get it off of me. it did go all of the way down to the bottom and reassemble so it would finish unzipping.

i asked her to see about adding better pockets inside and one on the sleeve like their ice garments have on the parkas and big lower pockets to hold gloves and a hat on the inside and put flaps on the inside pockets so we know nothing will fall out of them.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Dec 17, 2015, 05:59 PM »
3300 I appreciate the post.  Mine got jammed to and I really had to rip on it.  I agree the zippers blow...but as far as the other performance areas...I can't complainn thing was pretty windproof and did ok in rain unless it was pouring really hard and relatively warm as well.  Thankfully I didn't spend 100 or I would be a bit more frustrated.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Dec 17, 2015, 07:54 PM »
lowaccord66
question for ya, is yours the lake effect version with no fleece in the arms?
that's what mine is, but i think they said they are the same except different logo's and with or with out fleece in the arms.
i paid striker 109$ for the hoodie and 13$ plus to ship and bought direct from them using paypal. paaypal protects, but so far not needed.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18 on: Dec 17, 2015, 08:36 PM »
I have the fleece.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Dec 22, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Update- I received the new jacket/hoodie whatever you'd like to call it.  Looks like the same zipper but the tape meets up much better.  So hopefully it holds up.  Time will tell, at least they turned it around quickly.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Dec 22, 2015, 11:37 PM »
I've been kicking around the idea of getting a pair of their Hardwater bibs and it's reassuring that they stand behind their products.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #21 on: Dec 23, 2015, 12:15 AM »
I have two of the Performance Hoodies as well as the pants...wear my "hoodie" about 8 months out of the year...never had an issue with a zipper, it is warm and repels water...it is NOT rain gear, but holds up in rain showers just fine...same with the pants...I am sure that every now and then a bad zipper gets sewn into a garment, and they stand by the product. 

Mike
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Dec 23, 2015, 09:13 AM »
also an UPDATE;
striker sent a replacement lake effect performance hoodie (that is more like a liner coat with a hood and is my original choice on it because of the sleeves being easier to pull on) that has nylon in the sleeves and not fleece for easier on and off while wearing fleece base layers. so striker ice and striker lake effect are the same hoodie except the liner in the sleeves and logos used. i do like the great lakes logos and proud to be a part of that.
i haven't put it on but i did pull on the zipper while it was still folded and not much to pull on. i'll have more time to check it out and if it's a dud, i'll update again. so far so good tho i did pull hard on what little i had to pull on. i had a guests while i did the quick pull test.
maybe i will take some pics of the two hoodies and see if i can see a difference and if so i can post them.

Chris
if you want their bibs, they are different zippers all together and no worries about those.  they are not water proof zippers like these hoodie/liners they make. the hardwater series is their toughest and a good choice. their zippers have storm flaps over them and magnets to keep those closed. i wear polypropylene base under them and long socks for boots and can open the leg zipper from the top because each leg has two zipper pulls just like a shanty does, one at the top and one at the bottom when zipped and you can let heat out that way if you get too warm on the legs. the leg zippers are high up onto the hip.

so they do stand behind there product while it's new anyway! marla was great on the phone and seemed happy to have a job unlike shappell old lady that answers their phone lol. i had no costs added and didn't have to send in the defective garment so it was as hassle free as could be.
shout out to marla and striker! and lowaccord66 for starting this thread and getting me hooked up with striker to get this problem solved.
thanks!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23 on: Dec 23, 2015, 02:09 PM »
Glad I could help...I had put it off last year and was just going to move on to a different vendors product.  Marla saved the day!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Dec 24, 2015, 09:18 PM »
I just bought a pair of the Hardwater Bibs at Fish307 for $199.00 with free shipping and a free random size T-shirt.  Hopefully they'll bring some cold weather with when they come.  I can't wait to get them and try them out.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #25 on: Dec 27, 2015, 11:34 AM »
LOL...guys, it's Mallorie...NOT Marla...and yes, she's pretty awesome LOL!!!

If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Dec 27, 2015, 03:30 PM »
she is! much better than shappell's phone receptionist by 1000000 miles!
still haven't stress tested the replacement performance hoodie or even put it on yet.
go striker girl!!

Offline bammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Apr 26, 2016, 05:49 PM »
Has anyone tried the Predator, do they do the job (warm), is the Climate worth the extra cash? Don't usually get brutal winters here in Indiana.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #28 on: Apr 27, 2016, 12:14 PM »
Has anyone tried the Predator, do they do the job (warm), is the Climate worth the extra cash? Don't usually get brutal winters here in Indiana.

The climate coat is awesome I have 2 now one for fishing and one is my every day winter coat. I hate my bibs. Go with the predator or hardwater bibs.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.