Author Topic: New underwater camera  (Read 1568 times)

Offline gooner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • stay warm, safe and tight lines
New underwater camera
« on: Nov 30, 2015, 07:09 PM »
Looking to get a new camera. I want a color one any suggestions??? I was thinking about the aqua vu 710c (i think that's what it's called or it's the 715c)
Tight lines and big fish

Offline brohymn2

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New underwater camera
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2015, 05:04 PM »
i just picked that one up, so far it seems good, I was set on Marcum but ive read marcums quality control has gone down nd the guy at the fishin hole in Edmonton said hes never seen on of the 715s come back for repair

good luck in the search

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2015, 05:39 PM »
i haven't heard any negative reviews of marcum cameras yet. probably are out there, but they are not in my face. if they were so bad, they ought to be.
i just got one installed into my marcum lx-9 (no ice to test drive it yet. looks great above water!)and has 2 years warranty, so if QC is bad they will be busy fixing their mistakes for sure.
the actual camera is made in china. probably just like all of the aqua-vu is. marcum is made in usa otherwise. americans supporting americans.

the main difference i know of is the lighting. marcum uses bright white led's and aqua-vu uses infrared lighting. i hear mixed stories who's see's better in low light.
one can buy a infrared or bright while led light to test it with. maybe both at the same time is the ticket. used to be able to buy add-on lights for underwater cameras. i had one.

check aqua-vu's warranty to help make up your mind while waiting on more comments.

Offline jkind

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2015, 06:40 PM »
I use the Marcum but do not use the lights as they are illegal in Alberta...the infrared lights on the Aqua-Vu are legal as they do not give off visible light.
2014/2015 Hardwater

Perch 109
 Walleye 14
 Pike  24
 Whitefish
 Burbot 1

Offline brohymn2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2015, 07:44 PM »
3300 you must haveissued the huge thread of people who had their marcum in for repair.  I'll post a link when I'm on a computer and not a phone

Offline brohymn2

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline Shrubs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2015, 08:54 PM »
           I have the Marcum 485c and I find the picture may be a touch better than the 715 my buddy has but I did have to send the original one I got back due to the screen having a problem.  The replacement I got has been good.  The lights never get used as the picture is generally worse with the reflection off all the little particles in the water (at least at the places I've used it).  I got mine off Gps Central out of Calgary over boxing week last year.  Might be worth keeping an eye on as their price beat the pants off anyone else at the time. 

I've noticed the price on pretty much all electronics has increased substantially over last year.  I'm assuming because of the Canadian dollar dropping?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2015, 09:32 PM »
3300 you must haveissued the huge thread of people who had their marcum in for repair.  I'll post a link when I'm on a computer and not a phone
what are you trying to say?
i don't see any camera problems there.
my sonar was a quick fix. a connector that fell off they didn't epoxy was all that was wrong with mine and didn't cost any thing to fix. some fixed the same thing at home.

Offline Kim

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy,fishy I'm not stuck! Just need traction
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2015, 07:39 AM »
Marcum is the best by far.
Gonna get me a 16" Perch this year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.