Author Topic: side by side auger mount idea's  (Read 3650 times)

Offline fishking20

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Always looking for people to fish with.
side by side auger mount idea's
« on: Nov 29, 2015, 06:43 PM »
hi everyone, got a new to me polaris ranger about a month ago and  am looking to set it up for the hard water, anyone have any home made auger mounts to share?

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: side by side auger mount idea's
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2015, 06:41 PM »
Are you looking for a way to mount the auger for transport,or transport and be able to drill holes with it without removing it from the mount

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2015, 06:47 PM »
What kind of side by side? not that it really matters, but I have seen guys mount a plastic drain pipe to theres that was big enough for your auger to fit in...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline WaterFox

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2015, 07:04 PM »
I grabbed a clam kit for four wheeler racks one spring for $20 and made 2 plates that mount on the flat spot above the winch on my ranger.  Works great has 2 rubber bungees that pull over and hold it down.  i run a extra bungee around the handles to keep the motor from swinging. 

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2015, 09:37 PM »
hi everyone, got a new to me polaris ranger about a month ago and  am looking to set it up for the hard water, anyone have any home made auger mounts to share?
What kind of side by side?

OP says Polaris Ranger.....

Offline IFH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2015, 02:41 AM »
Hello Fk20 this is the ice auger mount I made for Sportsman 500, its now mounted on my Outlander 650. It supports the auger at three points: the handle, the base of the gear box and at the tip. The support in the middle eliminates any side or up/down strain between the auger shaft and gear box. Its held on with 2 bungee cords, which are easily removed with mitts or gloves on. Have no idea how you would mount something like this to a Ranger but it might give you some ideas.

Offline fishking20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2015, 12:34 PM »
Are you looking for a way to mount the auger for transport,or transport and be able to drill holes with it without removing it from the mount
[/quote/]

just for transport

Offline fishking20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2015, 12:35 PM »
I grabbed a clam kit for four wheeler racks one spring for $20 and made 2 plates that mount on the flat spot above the winch on my ranger.  Works great has 2 rubber bungees that pull over and hold it down.  i run a extra bungee around the handles to keep the motor from swinging.  (Image removed from quote.)

would you be able to get a picture? sounds good

Offline fishking20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2015, 12:37 PM »
Hello Fk20 this is the ice auger mount I made for Sportsman 500, its now mounted on my Outlander 650. It supports the auger at three points: the handle, the base of the gear box and at the tip. The support in the middle eliminates any side or up/down strain between the auger shaft and gear box. Its held on with 2 bungee cords, which are easily removed with mitts or gloves on. Have no idea how you would mount something like this to a Ranger but it might give you some ideas.

looks pretty good! might be able to do something like this lengthways on the bed rails. thank you for the pictures.

Offline WaterFox

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2015, 05:57 PM »
[imghttp://][/img]

Offline fishking20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2015, 08:02 PM »
thanks everyone for all of the pictures and great ideas,  as you can see my design went along the lines of IFH's design and it worked out great for me.

youtube video herehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAEvhE1aaPs

Offline IFH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2015, 03:12 PM »
Nice job Fk20. Looks like you have a nice shop to work in as well.

Offline fishking20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2015, 08:11 PM »
Nice job Fk20. Looks like you have a nice shop to work in as well.

Thanks, yes  have a nice wood heated 2 bay 26 by 36 garage, keeps me out of the cold in the winter. just waiting for the cold part....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.