Author Topic: Lombard Area  (Read 638 times)

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lombard Area
« on: Nov 29, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Hey all, just moved to the Lombard area and I was wondering if anyone had some advice on local lakes I should give a try once we get some ice. Gills, specks, and maybe even some eyes are what I am hunting for. I realize my only real chance at hooking up with some eyes would be on the Fox chain but I do not have a sled and that is a lot of water to cover. Any advice would be appreciated. I lived in Michigan last year and I was fishing the Saginaw Bay and tributaries so I may be a little spoiled when it comes to finding eyes. Thanks again! Looking forward to some colder temps sooner rather than later!

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lombard Area
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2015, 07:09 PM »
Walleye in Illinois thru the ice are a tuff nut to crack.  You'll need lots of local knowledge of the waters your fishing. As you mentioned Fox Chain, Busse Woods, Shabbona Lake, plus a couple of others I didnt mention. I dont bother targeting them -I go north to Wisconsin or east to Erie.  I refuse to post about walleye catches because it will more than likely start a poopoo storm from the 1000's of others that show up at your spot and 100's with hate mail for posting. I will say that this site differs from most as it stays quite civil.
 Now this season is not looking to good for Illinois because of el-nino but you never know!!!
good luck stay dry
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2016, 06:15 PM »
Thanks! Can anybody else chime in on this?

Offline Hsiftac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2016, 06:37 PM »
Mostly what he said, if you're not dead set on just walleyes I would think you'll do fine around the suburbs. Google map your location and just look for lakes and research them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.