Author Topic: Shanty lights- what color?  (Read 1077 times)

Offline sinneD

• Team IceShanty Regular
Shanty lights- what color?
« on: Nov 29, 2015, 11:16 AM »
Hi all-

I am getting my shanty ready for first ice. Thinking about putting in some LED strip lights in it. I put white and red in the duck boat this year, it worked out pretty good once i remembered which switch was which. But what color? Trying to save myself the work of wiring in 2 strips.

Thinking about doing the same for the shanty - 1 man Eskimo quick flip.   

Then again there is the disco option....

http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-TM-Waterproof-Changing-Controller/dp/B00E96H1JO/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1448817080&sr=1-17&keywords=rgb+led

but the thought of the remote control has me worried- one more thing to loose or get wet.

sinneD

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Shanty lights- what color?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2015, 11:27 AM »
Those should work. One option is to wire direct, the other would be to attach the remote to a lanyard or keep in a closed pocket. I use super bright white in my portable wired direct.

Offline TacticalKeychains

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Just a guy in his garage, trying to make a living.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2015, 12:01 PM »
I have these inside my CNC lathe, they should work great. Why not just go with something like this tho - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045HZK04

Offline DaleL57

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2015, 05:57 PM »
Tacticalkeychains, I have one of those in my shanty and they work great!

Offline sinneD

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2015, 01:28 AM »
The Frabil light is nice.

I want to hardwire the strips into my flipover and have some 12V SLA batteries mounted in my frahillbily-smitty hybrid. That way, its always there and available.

I think i found a solution- RGB + Cool White on the same strip!

http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Waterproof-Decorative-Multi-funtion-Controller/dp/B00JF0589E/ref=pd_sim_60_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=51Nq91EsfLL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0AE2V5ZBD65WQ2EN3ZFH

I think I will try to sew a clear vinyl pocket on my cover and keep the remote in there. They also seem to make a hardwired touch panel controller for RGBW too.

I think it might be possible to split the two LED arrays too- using one manual dimmer controller for the white set and another dimmer/remote on the 3 color/4 wire ...

Offline Loso015

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2015, 05:01 AM »
How about a disco ball?  ;D

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2015, 05:40 AM »
How about a disco ball?  ;D
And a stripper pole??  ::)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.