The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Jean  (Read 392 times)

Offline PerchmanEd

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Lake Jean
« on: Nov 28, 2015, 06:17 AM »
Checked out the dam tower replacement on Thursday.  It appears the construction is completed and they're refilling the lake.  Water level was at 2217.5 feet...there's a water level gauge on the tower now.  The scale only goes up to 2223.5 feet so i guess it won't be long the lake will be at normal pool height.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lake Jean
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2015, 09:56 AM »
They had on their Facebook page recently that the lake is almost back up to normal pool. Maybe in 7 years I'll make the trip up to fish it, may be worth the drive by then.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2015, 10:50 AM »
Yea maybe,one never knows how long it will take for the lake to come back,only time will tell but 7 years should be about right,I think it takes between 7 and 10 years for a lake to come back depending on how many and what size fish the lake is restocked with and also what kind of fish are stocked,and how many fish end up in there naturally over time is another thing to consider to

Offline PerchmanEd

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2015, 11:11 AM »
It's definitely off my list for a couple of years at a minimum.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2015, 04:38 PM »
The lake did not completely drain. About 50 acres up at the beach end had a couple feet of water in it. Problem is they lifted the limits in plenty of time before the drain for the meat hunters to do their thing. Plus any fish they put in will be fingerlings. If they put in enough forage hopefully the growth rate will be decent, but big fish take time to get big.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.