The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New to Montana  (Read 688 times)

Offline IllRaider

• IceShanty Rookie
New to Montana
« on: Nov 26, 2015, 08:09 PM »
Hello Fellow Hard Water Nuts!!!! I am new to Montana ... from the flat state Kansas. I have ice fished since I was a kid "50" now and have fished several states from Wisconsin, Minnesota, Colorado, Kansas, Wyoming, Illinois. I live in Belgrade and I was hoping to get some tips from folks on where to ice fish. Thanks for any input you all have. Also my girlfriend fishes with me so if any of you have wives or girlfriends that like to go along maybe we could meet up out on the ice.

Offline gamehog

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New to Montana
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2015, 12:34 AM »
welcome to the GREAT BIG SKY COUNTRY.not sure where to go around your area but wanted to say hi and welcome

Offline Fishman Teters

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2015, 06:02 AM »
I am also a fellow Belgradian. Personally, I hit a couple of the local Bozeman ponds when I just want out. If you want a short drive, Hyalite is a good Brooke trout lake thru the ice. There's Daily out by Livingston. Canyon Ferry outside of Townsend. Then there is the Regulating Reservoir, Hauser, and Lake Helena on the outskirts of Helena. There are some opportunities for good fishing for sure. Feel free to PM me and we can chit chat a little.

Offline FinalSwim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2015, 12:16 PM »
If you are into trout hebgen quake ennis and Harrison lakes are all great fisheries and not that far as well

Offline lunker_lake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2015, 10:41 AM »
I also live in Belgrade. I take my kids and every now and then my wife joins us. I like to fish Canyon Ferry, Toston dam, Harrison lake, Hebgen lake, Ennis lake, Daily, Newlan, Clark Canyon, and absolutely love my once a year ice fishing trip up to Fort Peck. There are many more places around, just depends on how far you are willing to drive and what species you are looking for.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.