The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Wallenpaupack  (Read 482 times)

Offline Schroon_Fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Wallenpaupack
« on: Nov 25, 2015, 11:52 AM »
Hello,

I usually ice fish upstate New York around Lake George but will be in the Pennsylvania area this winter and was wonder how Lake Wallenpaupack is. When is a good time to venture out and and any good locations on where to fish and stay? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks 

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lake Wallenpaupack
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2015, 01:54 PM »
There are several popular spots with easy access, shumans point,ironwood,willsonville,ledgedale,as far as places to stay there are places in the area but I don't know the names of them or the prices either,your best bet would be to take a look at the Pocono visitors bureau they should have a website with info you need,there are a few ski areas in the area and a lot of people stay for a few days so depending on when you go will determine the availability of a room,good luck and enjoy your stay in PA ;D

Offline Schroon_Fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2015, 08:31 AM »
Thanks! Looking forward to trying it out this year. What time is the best time to get out there? In NY it is towards the end of January just to be on teh safe side,

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2015, 10:37 AM »
As far as what time,anytime can be the best time, fish are caught throughout the season but early morning and the last few hours at the end of the day seem to be the most productive times for me anyway,there's a bait shop on the dam side of the lake that is well stocked with bait and whatever else you might need also

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.