Author Topic: Re: Henry's Lake  (Read 5682 times)

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Henry's Lake
« on: Nov 24, 2015, 06:30 PM »
6 " of good clear ice . Fishing was slow today 3 of us caught 3 fish in 5 hours at the State boat ramp . Damen said he seen a 7 pounder caught that morning .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2015, 08:44 PM »
hey was the hole lake frozen  we are trying to make a trip up there on next Friday and probably stay at the wild rose or we might stay on the ice for the weekend

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2015, 09:10 PM »
yes the lake is completely frozen . I heard Wild Rose doubled there prices . 180 a night for the small rooms . Some of my friends stayed there last year but not this year .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2015, 09:12 PM »
Thanks what other places are  wright on the lake that are a little cheaper

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2015, 09:32 PM »
The closest one is Drift Lodge . Then Sawtell , but is closed until December 15 . Alot of people are staying in West Yellowstone . It's about 15 miles away .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2015, 09:52 PM »
Thanks ya we stayed at the drift lodge last year so eather wild rose or on the ice thanks again maybe well see you out there good luck and be safe

Offline iceokie06

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2015, 09:58 PM »
Any news on thickness over by the wild rose?

Offline sdhuntandfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2015, 12:42 AM »
We fished by the hatchery and Staleys the past 2 days. Ice was only 2-3" at both areas. Please be careful. The hatchery area was very inconsistent with us drilling in only 1.5" at one point.

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2015, 07:23 AM »
That is disappointing to hear. I was going to go up this morning and fish the hatchery but since I was going by myself I figure I will wait a few days for better ice, that and the ITD web cam has the wind clocking at 30+ mph up there this morning. How has the fishing been?

Offline sdhuntandfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2015, 09:07 AM »
I'm guessing the ice will improve fast over the next week or so given the temps.

Offline ReleasedaKraken

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy fishy fishy!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2015, 10:12 AM »
I like the cold but can't it be windy at night... when I'm NOT fishing? or wanting to do fun stuff outside?!?
Good Luck and Tight Lines

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2015, 08:23 PM »
well it looks like a few of us are going to try and make it out there next weekend maybe well run into some Iceshanty members out there

Offline iceokie06

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2015, 09:50 PM »
We are headed out Saturday morning, most likely to the state boat dock. Will post results and conditions when we get back.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 26, 2015, 10:14 PM »
Three of us fished State Park Tuesday , very slow three fish in 5 hours . There was one bunch about 300 yards out from the ramp . That were doing alot better . We were only about 75 yards out .I walked out two days earlier to checked the ice , and talked to 2 guys that were doing good that Day .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Phission

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 27, 2015, 01:38 PM »
Any news from the County side? Safe ice? Any bites?

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Nov 27, 2015, 02:41 PM »
Last week at state park on Sunday the ice was 3" Tuesady it was 6" and growing fast . I know someone that fished Stayley last Tuesaday and caught fish , and it is the last place to get safe ice because of the Springs . I am sure there is safe ice a County Boat dock . It has been below 0 every night since .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 27, 2015, 04:20 PM »
There were people everywhere up there today and I'm sure there will be more tomorrow.  I fished the Hatchery.  Worst first ice outing i've ever had.  Iced 3 fish in 5 hours.  People all around us were spotty on catching anything either, although I saw a couple nice footballs on the ice. 

Offline MNiceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 27, 2015, 04:26 PM »
My wife and I are headed up early tomorrow. Green clam hit. How much snow is ther at the state boat launch and what do they seem to be biting on?  PM me if you want?  Thanks in advance
Always remember, keep your stick on the ice- Red & Green

Offline Icehouse89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Nov 27, 2015, 06:56 PM »
Finally made it across the state this morning and got out on the ice a little after noon. Fished at the state park, caught 2 fish in about 4 hours of fishing. Saw a couple other fish caught. Talked to one guy who fished staley today. Said it was 6" but slow. Haven't decided where we'll be at in the morning. Anybody tried wild rose?

Offline iceokie06

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 27, 2015, 07:39 PM »
I'm thinking either state boat docks or wild rose myself. I have only fished the wild rose once before, but had good luck when we did. Can't remember if you have to pay to park or not though.

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 27, 2015, 07:57 PM »
Yes, I think they want you to pay to park. Wherever you end up going, I would just suggest getting out early. The early morning bite has always been better than mid day. 6:30, or even earlier, setting up in the dark, yeah a little miserable, but good times. Our catch rates are always higher from 6:30 to 10 than the entire rest of the day. That is just my experience anyway.

Offline TheWoodchopper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Nov 27, 2015, 08:11 PM »
Made it out to the hatchery about 930 this morning. Started fishing in about 7 feet of water, caught 2 in a hour and a half. Decided I would try closer to shore to about 3 1/2 feet of water ended up catching 10 in a hour before it died down. All fish ranged in that normal 2-3 pound size. Fun first outing! Anyone out there ever have any luck by the cliffs for ice fishing?

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 27, 2015, 08:15 PM »
Yes, I have fished the cliffs when you can still get down the road. I drove over that way on the way out today and saw a couple groups down in there. It is a nice change of scenery with about the same catch rates as everywhere else. Mainly I have liked it over there because you get away from the crowds.

Offline TheWoodchopper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Nov 27, 2015, 09:35 PM »
Cool thanks for the info. That was my same thought and reasoning to head that way. I'm sure it will be a zoo tomorrow.

Offline iceokie06

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Nov 28, 2015, 09:00 PM »
Very slow day on the lake, iced one nice cutthroat in about 4 hours and lost a hybrid at the hole.

Offline Stacked69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Nov 29, 2015, 07:15 AM »
Headed up now.  Will report later.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #26 on: Nov 29, 2015, 08:23 PM »
we are heading up there Fri how thick is the ice we will be staying at wild rose

Offline zipdogfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Nov 30, 2015, 10:39 PM »
Any body fishing this last week see camera crews out filming for the In-Depth Outdoors show? They hit Henry's at some point and the show will be uploaded on YouTube on Sunday, pretty good informative show.

Offline MNiceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 01, 2015, 05:57 AM »
They did a great show on cascade last year!
Always remember, keep your stick on the ice- Red & Green

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Dec 01, 2015, 11:41 AM »
you know, yesterday's episode they said they would drive as far as they had to to find safe ice, and they film weekly as the season goes. we should see that episode either next week or the week after!

i honestly didn't expect us to have ice this early tbh.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.