Author Topic: 13 fishing tickle stick  (Read 3672 times)

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
13 fishing tickle stick
« on: Nov 24, 2015, 07:58 AM »
looking to buy a new rod has anyone tried the tickle stick from 13 fishing?

keep it safe JDL

Offline BBQMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin I Was Fishin
Re: 13 fishing tickle stick
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2015, 11:03 AM »
 I have one and love it. I will be getting another this year.
My Daddy always said keep it simple stupid. Words to live by

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2015, 12:19 PM »
What are you using? I am thinking of going with the lite. I use mostly ultra lite's.

Keep it safe! JDL

Offline BBQMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin I Was Fishin
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2015, 01:29 PM »
UL 23" I do alot if pan fishing. I really like the sensitivity, it is my go to rod.

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2015, 01:41 PM »
I bought a 27" last year and didn't care for it much.  I rarely fish in the shack, and the little guides just scared me too much to use it much.

The newer rods to have larger guides, with may help a bit. 

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2015, 01:49 PM »
I was just fixen to post that I was thinking about the 27". I do fish in my shack so small guides shouldn't be a problem. Guess I need to find one for sale in my area, and see how it feels.

Keep it safe! JDL

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2015, 01:55 PM »
Scheels in Lincoln had a bunch, so I'd guess the Omaha store is stocked up.

Honestly, I'd look at the No. 8 Tackle Snitch or the Jason Mitchell Meat Stick. 

I love my 13 Fishing equipment, but the Tickle stick just didn't feel right to me.  I was always paranoid about breaking the tip off.

Offline GBR

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2015, 03:59 PM »
I was at the Omaha Scheels last night. They have a lot of tickle sticks, even one out of the package with a black betty so you can play around with it. I didn't pay attention to the lengths.

Offline Bux n dux

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2015, 06:23 PM »
Gonna have to take a trip out there Saturday. Looked at them last year but got a snitch instead..

Offline BBQMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin I Was Fishin
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2015, 10:58 PM »
I have fished the tickle stick in some pretty cold weather and have never had a problem with it icing up. Had more of a problem with the line I used.

Offline icefishingcowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2015, 07:09 PM »
I have the wicked ice and love it. Not sure if they still make them but the rod and reel combo are great and not bad eyelets. The metal handle is not as cold as i thought infact I really like it ice doesn't stick to it and fits nice in my hand.

Offline BRIFISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2015, 07:14 PM »
I love my tickle stick, does have small guides but has never been an issue.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2015, 04:27 PM »
Got my new 27" on Friday! Guides look ok. Only thing I am not sure I like is the short grip. Don't know if will work with my rod holders.

Keep it safe! JDL

Offline cbuckla

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 14, 2015, 12:55 PM »
I bought one last year and it works pretty good.  The eyelets are small and a couple of my buddies broke the tip of their rods after the eyelets froze and the would go to real in there lure/bait.  Also do not store the rod with the rod tip bent as it will have some memory and will be curved.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #14 on: Dec 14, 2015, 05:23 PM »
Thanks for the tips on the tips!

Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Alumacraft

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2015, 10:19 PM »
Cabelas has them on sale now for $39. I fished with a 23"UL last year, broke the tip off 2 times but still kept catching fish with it. Sent it back at the end of the season and they sent me a new one. The guides are very small and ice up easily. I would buy another if the tip wasn't so fragil.

Offline sandhillguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2015, 11:52 PM »
Last year I bought a 27" light in the tickle stick for the ole lady and was fairly impressed with its performance, when it was warm out that is..... ice balls will wreak havoc on them..Also another thing with the tips is the way they are shaved down the linear fibers don't take a side load at all so if your jigging make sure the rod is right side down or you WILL break the tip on a hookset. We sold that rod and bought the 27" UL this year because they put a different style of bigger guides on and beefed up the tips a bit, its not quite as sensitive actually compared to the 27" light original model we had but that's fine with us because of how we fish. This years improvement on the rod will be much better, the woman is itching to get out and use it.

Offline Showdown56

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice BABY!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2015, 04:08 AM »
looking to buy a new rod has anyone tried the tickle stick from 13 fishing?

keep it safe JDL

Chose the Beaver Dam Titanium Tip Stick over the Tickle Stick.  VERY HAPPY with the setting power after the internal strike indicator detects a bite!

Edit to add, works best with an in-line reel.  With a properly weighted jig a good in-line will drop down nicely!

SD
The OFFICIAL NEBRASKA ICE MAP 
ACTIVELY UPDATED WITH YOUR REPORTS!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1EzoZhQjAcZAvY9qiApAy-g8xwQZAIb6q&ll=41.356402103308504%2C-102.02912595312499&z=7

Practicing Selective Harvest provides me a few of the abundant fish for a meal while providing YOU a rare fish to catch!

Offline Alumacraft

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 18, 2015, 09:35 PM »
Last year I bought a 27" light in the tickle stick for the ole lady and was fairly impressed with its performance, when it was warm out that is..... ice balls will wreak havoc on them..Also another thing with the tips is the way they are shaved down the linear fibers don't take a side load at all so if your jigging make sure the rod is right side down or you WILL break the tip on a hookset. We sold that rod and bought the 27" UL this year because they put a different style of bigger guides on and beefed up the tips a bit, its not quite as sensitive actually compared to the 27" light original model we had but that's fine with us because of how we fish. This years improvement on the rod will be much better, the woman is itching to get out and use it.
.         I have a new 23ul and the guides are very small, same as last years model that I broke twice. The rod tip does not seem any stronger either. I really like the rod and caught lots of slab crappie on it but as I stated before, it is a very fragil rod. I am not hard on my equipment and I will be surprised if it makes it through the season without breaking. So far the warranty dept has been great and that's the only reason I would buy another one.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #19 on: Dec 19, 2015, 11:05 AM »
Speaking of warenty, did you have to register your rod?

Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.