Author Topic: ??water temps??  (Read 1008 times)

Offline icecrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • No ICE No FISH No Fish No Fun
??water temps??
« on: Nov 23, 2015, 03:08 PM »
Seen a lot of ponds iced over today just wondering if anybody's been out checking any lakes for water temperatures I was out 2 weeks ago and pine and stone was running low 50's

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
Re: ??water temps??
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2015, 03:12 PM »
Seen a lot of ponds iced over today just wondering if anybody's been out checking any lakes for water temperatures I was out 2 weeks ago and pine and stone was running low 50's

A week ago Sunday (8 days ago) lakes in lower Michigan were 50 to 52 degrees.  I would guess they are mid 40's now.  Still a ways to go to be ripe for making ice.

Offline bldfrt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2015, 06:56 PM »
Yesterday morning loon was 45°. Unrelated muskies were nowhere to be seen. I've also seen a couple skimmed ponds. Still a ways off I think though with higher temps coming back so I won't be winterizing (flipping over) the boat just yet

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2015, 07:12 PM »
Bldfrt, one of us needs to keep our boat ready. I'm just going to flip mine over and we will slay some muskies in yours.
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline buuddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2015, 07:17 PM »
Check out this link for water temperatures. It`s from a kitesurfing site and shows lake temperatures from all over the world.
http://localkitespots.com/maps.aspx

Offline bldfrt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2015, 08:58 PM »
Bldfrt, one of us needs to keep our boat ready. I'm just going to flip mine over and we will slay some muskies in yours.

lets make it happen. Sunday morning was harsh we were on the lake from about 430-930 conditions were unpleasant and we didn't so much as see one turn over out there. I'm ready for walkable ice

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2015, 09:13 PM »
River temp yesterday afternoon was 44 degrees.  14 degrees in the morning when I launched the boat.  I'll be out again this weekend.  I'll be using the boat right up until ice hits.  Looks like a bit of a warmup coming later on this week.

Offline icecrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • No ICE No FISH No Fish No Fun
« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2015, 02:19 PM »
Went to Bruce lake today in winamac water temp was 42f crappie bite was good just alot of small ones

Offline Iloveicefishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2015, 12:32 AM »
ya the bit has been pretty good lately. A buddy and I are heading out tomorrow looking for some slabs. hopefully the bite stays as it is now.

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2015, 08:24 PM »
43.9 on the river today.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.