The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Finally  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Big_Mel

• IceShanty Rookie
Finally
« on: Nov 21, 2015, 07:01 AM »
Happy opening day of gun deer season everyone! Finally getting some ice making weather!! Good luck hunting.  We will be on the ice soon!

Offline TIP DOWN BUD

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Finally
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2015, 11:08 AM »
Well has anyone been lucky enough to shoot that monster buck or even see one? I'm starting to think I should have just brought the 17 hmr out and gone squirrel hunting... But then ofcourse I probably would have had a buck walk in. Good luck to all you hunters out there.

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2015, 09:52 PM »
I second the squirrel hunting angle, I was lucky enough to sit for 3 evenings on public land up here, 3 evenings and 1 morning down south and didn't see a single deer the whole week...forget about that monster buck I didn't even see a deer! But oh boy more squirrels then you could fit in the slow cooker!

Hopefully everybody did better than me in the last 9 days.

Offline NanookofN-MN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2015, 09:54 PM »
We saw does all over but we're not lucky enough to get does tags. I do know of one guy from our area that got an 8 pointer.
I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do. – Izaak Walton

Offline upnortfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2015, 10:01 PM »
Hunting party took 3 does Thanksgiving morning I was in the wrong place and saw none. I gave up hope after that and started looking for ice.

Offline nicjohnsrud

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2015, 11:58 AM »
I hunt in Iowa County in southwest WI. Got a pretty nice sized doe on Wednesday afternoon, saw 5 opening day and a couple on Sunday. The weather around here looks bad for making ice the next few weeks. We were on the ice at this time last year! :/

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2015, 07:26 PM »
I shot a spike buck opening day, good thing it was the only deer I had in my scope all week. My daughter got a 6 pt yesterday 10 mins before end of season.

Offline Michaelo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2015, 07:38 PM »
We had a better deer season here. I shot a good doe opening morning, uncle shot that buck the 2nd Saturday of the season(didnt even act like gun season watched him for 15 minutes and shot him at 20 yards), and my brother shot his buck during bow season.

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2015, 09:30 PM »
Nice lookin deer congrats, I'm dumb enough to keep trying lol.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2015, 04:24 PM »
What  beautiful bucks :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline Michaelo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2015, 08:48 AM »
Thanks we've been managing our land the last few years and it's really made a difference.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.