Author Topic: South Dakota in late March?  (Read 883 times)

Offline redneckdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
South Dakota in late March?
« on: Nov 20, 2015, 07:22 PM »
Hi all yall!

I will be traveling through south dakota on the way to Casper, WY on business in late march. I was wondering if I should bring the trailer with shanty and wheeler? Is there still fishable ice in late march? Planning to take 212 from water town to the Hills. Anything yall can recommend I hit along that corridor? I was originally going to bring my fly gear and hit the streams in the Hills, now leaning more towards broadening my ice fish experience.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: South Dakota in late March?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2015, 07:44 PM »
There should be ice everywhere. You may not make it to Casper though.  ;D  Keyhole would be good at last ice, Pactola as well. Down by Casper Pathfinder should be good as well.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline perch_stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2015, 07:56 PM »
In normal years, I would say there would be plenty on good ice, but last year, the ice turned to crap in the beginning of March. With this year supposedly being warmer than normal, we might be in for another short season. Only time will tell. I'd suggest you ask again later in the season and I'm sure we will give you a better update on current conditions and reports.

Offline moab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2015, 08:57 PM »
March time-frame is usually awesome time to be on the ice here.  Look up Sportsman's Cove phone number in Webster SD and keep calling that as you get close.  Doug has an recorded fishing report that you can listen to and will let you know every few days whats happening on the current bites in the area and the ice conditions.  Great resource.

Offline ejdelvo28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2015, 09:06 PM »
There are a few lakes near Clark, SD which is 30 miles west of Watertown that are good producers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.