Author Topic: Fishing this weekend?  (Read 1585 times)

Offline sandman66

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fishing this weekend?
« on: Nov 20, 2015, 09:36 AM »
With the cold temps the last few days I'm thinking some of the stocked trout lakes north of PA should be safe enough to venture into the shallows. Anyone have any intel on ice on any of the trout lakes within a couple hours of PA?

Offline ShawnR

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fishing this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2015, 09:49 AM »
Saw some pics of ice fishing some of the trout lakes in the narrow hills.  Can't comment on which ones though.

Offline splaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2015, 10:40 AM »
I would think some of the smaller, sheltered lakes in the NHPP would be safe this weekend. Lake I was at last weekend was almost ready. Hopefully there isn't any snow on ice yet, that may change things. Gonna head out Sunday and check things out will report conditions when I get back. Be safe.
Splaker

Offline sidescan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2015, 10:59 AM »
Snowing in the N. Hills , has snowed this past week she's all white. Fish safe. Too early for me. Fish safe.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2015, 05:21 PM »
yep our dugout here only has a couple inches, i wouldn't get too excited yet but next weekend is game on!

Offline sandman66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2015, 10:01 PM »
Well we hit one of the stocked lakes today. Solid 3 inches. Good for us walking out but got pretty nervous when some dumbass figured he would take his quad out and drive well off shore to test the thickness.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2015, 08:01 AM »
How'd you do

Offline ToonFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2015, 03:32 PM »
I did my first outing on Blackstrap today. I caught one 20" pike and one 22" whitefish.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2015, 12:06 PM »
Well we hit one of the stocked lakes today. Solid 3 inches. Good for us walking out but got pretty nervous when some dumbass figured he would take his quad out and drive well off shore to test the thickness.
theres always a few idiots early on. they see someone out there and think its plenty safe for a vehicle! makes you wonder how they lived so long!

Offline sandman66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2015, 08:45 PM »
theres always a few idiots early on. they see someone out there and think its plenty safe for a vehicle! makes you wonder how they lived so long!

We were fishing about 15ft from shore, I wouldn't have walked where dude was quading.
Saw quite a few but they were far from hungry. Buddy brought home 2 splake, me nothing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.