Author Topic: Hunting Big Walleye on the Hardwater  (Read 683 times)

Offline Frozenflyguy

• IceShanty Rookie
Hunting Big Walleye on the Hardwater
« on: Nov 18, 2015, 03:05 PM »
Posted on Alberta Outdoorsman Forum and adapted/shared with you here....

As like many of you ... I am losing my sh%t waiting for ice to form. In anticipation I have started to ponder some options including destinations in Montana and Saskatchewan (I live in Calgary). I was hoping someone on the this forum might have some experience that they could share with me either in a reply or a PM. I am specifically looking for insight from people that hunt big walleye in Saskatchewan. When I say "hunt" I mean the folks that plan outings after watching every meaningful Youtube video specific to an area, read every online source available, pour over bathymetric maps, factor in seasonal and diurnal movements of eyes, replace factory hooks with bigger sharper points, drill a lot of holes, move frequently, jig relentlessly with blade/rattle baits, buckshots, macho minnows and spoons, get REALLY frustrated by catching or losing lures to pike (regardless of size), are compelled to release these bruisers over eating them, look at their tackle bags frequently and longingly and really really annoy their husbands/wives with constant talk of walleye behaviour and ice fishing strategies. I have only met a few people locally that seem to have my myopic focus and passion for the hunt. I can't help but believe there are at least a few more out there that want to talk about ice fishing walleye in this way. If you are that person or persons please respond.  I would love to better understand the options available in Saskatchewan having recently moved west from Ontario and deeply missing the monster eyes from the Bay of Quinte.

If you have this addiction to the hunt ... you are not alone!

Offline shootsmcgee

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hunting Big Walleye on the Hardwater
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2015, 07:27 PM »
LOTS of big walleye waters in Sask, the one that comes to everyones mind first is Tobin which is world class. I'm a fan of the more remote northern waters like reindeer and deschambault.
well if you were me then i'd be you and i really wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.