The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Hydroglow or similar lights  (Read 542 times)

Offline COLD-AS-ICE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hydroglow or similar lights
« on: Nov 16, 2015, 07:09 PM »
Read all I could about them on here. Was wondering if anyone on the Maine page has one of had used one with any luck? Or if they are illegal in Maine. Haven't found anything so far saying they weren't

Offline BlackDogAlpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hydroglow or similar lights
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2015, 09:19 AM »
I got set up to use mine last year and got froze out before I tried them, that 20 degree difference the sunlight makes is huge. Best way I heard was to cut a hole for them 10' off your main spot and fish the plankton cloud edge or fringes of light. I have seen this fishing from a dock or boat, no reason it wouldn't draw in just like that. I don't think they are illegal in Maine.

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2015, 10:44 AM »
Best way I heard was to cut a hole for them 10' off your main spot and fish the plankton cloud edge or fringes of light. I have seen this fishing from a dock or boat, no reason it wouldn't draw in just like that. I don't think they are illegal in Maine.

That’s what I heard read.
Got two of these on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161886865247 They went up a little but are still way cheaper than name brand.

Got one with a 15’ cord and one with 50’. Never got to try them except to see how water tight they are. They are.
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline COLD-AS-ICE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2015, 04:38 PM »
Thanks I bought a cheap one online that had good reviews. I'll let you guys know how it works. If it's not bright enough I could very easily make one myself.

Offline BlackDogAlpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2015, 09:06 AM »
I am using a green smack stick that I got for a buck at the dollar store, im not so Tek Know Logical as all that. They sell a simple one for at VIP for underlighting cars too under 10 bucks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.