The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Tackle Shack/ Tioga County Fishing 2015/16  (Read 2346 times)

Offline tackleshack

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner of Tackle Shack
Tackle Shack/ Tioga County Fishing 2015/16
« on: Nov 15, 2015, 10:41 AM »
Hello Everyone,

Good to be back again :).  We're gearing up here at the shop for another great ice season.  Lots of great new product from many of your favorites!  If all goes well, we will be launching a web store this season as well. 

Our shelves are mostly stocked right now with orders coming in just about weekly.  We are stocking some nice shelters this year including the Brand New Eskimo Evo 1 and Evo II Shelters.  Evo 1's are in stock right now.  Evo 2's will be available soon.  We also picked up 16 Frabill Outpost popup ice shelters earlier this year.  Original retail was about $199.99.  We picked them up on a closeout lot for $149.99 each. they've been selling fast, but we still have 7 of these remaining.

Once we get a few more of our shipments in, I'll post up pictures of the shop for everyone.  If you're planning a trip to the shop.  we will have full stock by Thanksgiving.  Please call  or message us here if you are after a specific item.  If we don't have it, I'm sure we can order it for you too :).

Finally, in some local news... Nessmuk is refilling!!  We will not be on it this year, but hopefully by next ice season, she'll be full of water.  Thanks to a great partnership with Tioga County Bass Anglers, the PFBC, and the Friends of Reservoirs, we were able to secure grants from Shell Appalachia for about $30,000 in fish habitat improvements.  Local volunteers, club members, and Mansfield University students helped build and place these structures late last winter/ early spring, and again this fall. We have been collecting donations here at Tackle Shack as well.  Thanks to our customers, almost $900 has been raised so far to help with the habitat project.  $630 of that went to buying concrete block to secure 40 vertical plank structures we build in September.  Thank you to everyone that has contributed money or volunteered their time for this project.  It really sucks seeing one of our favorite lakes drained, but it has been a great experience working with everyone on the habitat project.  Hopefully, in the coming years, Nessmuk will be an even  greater place to fish.  Habitat maps will be available marking all the new structures too.

Vertical Plank structures from our last project at Nessmuk.

Don Kelly

Tackle Shack
9683 Route 287
Wellsboro, PA 16901
570-724-5138
[email protected]
www.wellsborotacklesha ck.com

Shop Online anytime at www.shoptackleshack.co m

Like us on Facebook- www.facebook.com/wellsborotackleshack

Follow us on Twitter
@TackleShackPA

Follow us on Instagram
@Wellsborotackleshack #tackleshack #fishtiogacounty

Offline tackleshack

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner of Tackle Shack
Re: Tackle Shack/ Tioga County Fishing 2015/16
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2015, 07:44 AM »
As we near the ice season, don't forget to sign up for our newsletter for fishing reports and condition updates, as well as in store sales and promotions.  We will again be posting conditions to our website, Facebook, and of course here at Ice Shanty.  You can sign up by clicking here- http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=00133QjRCs1eeRYwWJNZZw3X97Nhqoq9XaZCF_8lKAJwONT0t9LZAohm-GntJqomU6zKg05wZ_w2nhNkNL_QGDCSOloaFP2hRLZnrdSnyd9_5icg6yGqi3PE63TuA02fyodYTCW7fGkdc5L2U8_zvlEPeOM_xPEjGtHqsuZivrM40g%3D  Our next newsletter comes out Monday morning.

We are also trying to be more active on the other social media websites.  You can follow us on instagram- @wellsborotackleshack and on twitter @TackleShackPA

Our ice gear is nearly fully stocked and ready for you!  Stop in and check out our selection of over 200 ice rods from 13 Fishing, HT, No 8 tackle, Fenwick, Frabill, Eagle Claw, and more.  Thousands of jigs from Northland, Rapala, VMC, fiska, Expedition Outdoors, and many more of your favorite brands too!

Tackle Shack offers one of the best selections of ice gear in PA.  Stop by and see us this season!
Don Kelly

Tackle Shack
9683 Route 287
Wellsboro, PA 16901
570-724-5138
[email protected]

Follow us on Twitter
@TackleShackPA

Follow us on Instagram

Offline tackleshack

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner of Tackle Shack
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2016, 07:35 AM »
If you're fishing this week, don't forget to stop by and see us!  Our hours are as follows

Sunday- 6AM-4PM
Monday-8AM-6PM
Tuesday-CLOSED (hopefully fishing!)
Wednesday- 8AM-6PM
Thursday- 8AM-6PM
Friday- 6AM-6PM
Satuday- 6AM-6PM

Please remember, this is pretty much a one man operation.  Occasionally I have to run to the bank or post office, so if you call during normal business hours and I don't answer, leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible or call back in a little while. 

I am available almost all day and night via facebook, Ice Shanty and e-mail as well. Feel free to e-mail me or message me here or on the Tackle Shack facebook page and I'll get back to you quickly.

Good luck and be safe out there this season.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year!

Don
Don Kelly

Tackle Shack
9683 Route 287
Wellsboro, PA 16901
570-724-5138
[email protected]

Follow us on Twitter
@TackleShackPA

Follow us on Instagram

Offline tackleshack

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner of Tackle Shack
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2016, 09:30 AM »
Conditions have been updated for Hamilton, Beechwood, and Hills Creek Lakes.  We are in good shape so far and we are supposed to miss most of this storm :).  Here's hoping for another great week on the ice.

Lots of bait in stock.  We've got Mousees, spikes, waxworms, mealworms, oak leaf grubs, pink spikes, fatheads, medium shiners, large shiners, and suckers.  Good luck and be safe everyone!  Open 6AM-6PM today and tomorrow.  6AM-4PM on Sunday.

Don
Don Kelly

Tackle Shack
9683 Route 287
Wellsboro, PA 16901
570-724-5138
[email protected]

Follow us on Twitter
@TackleShackPA

Follow us on Instagram

Offline Gofish818

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2016, 03:17 PM »
Hey Don, finally made it over here. Great place with a ton of information. Dave

Offline tackleshack

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner of Tackle Shack
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2016, 04:17 PM »
We are back in the shop normal hours this week.  Sorry if I missed any of you the last few days, but I promise we picked up some great new product for the spring seasons! 

Ice is in good shape on Hamilton, Hills Creek, and Beechwood for this weekend and cold nights should help us keep ice on the lakes through this warmup.  A few people have fished Tioga and Cowanesque.  Hammond is locked up, but does not look good.  Me, personally, I won't be on the Corps Lakes still.  I'm planning to fish Hills Creek most of Sunday afternoon.  The edges could thaw out some by Monday/Tuesday with this stretch of highs in the mid to upper 40's. Hopefully it gets cold as soon as this front moves through. I will do my best to update sometime this weekend and again towards the end of next week. 

Plenty of bait in stock.  Open 6AM-6PM tomorrow and 6AM-4PM Sunday.

Good luck and be safe out there!
Don
Don Kelly

Tackle Shack
9683 Route 287
Wellsboro, PA 16901
570-724-5138
[email protected]

Follow us on Twitter
@TackleShackPA

Follow us on Instagram

Offline tackleshack

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner of Tackle Shack
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2016, 03:26 PM »
We've gotta make room for the spring stuff coming in these next few weeks.  From now till they are sold out, our last remaining power augers and electronics are on sale, as well as a some other odds and ends. We have limited quantities left. We can take a card over the phone and hold for pickup too.
Want something that we don't have in stock? Ask about special ordering. We'll do our best to get you the best price possible.

13 Fishing Tickle Sticks- Normally $49.99.SALE- $35 (1 available)
13 Fishing Tear Drop (RH only)- 40% OFF (2 in stock)
13 Fishing ice rods & combos- 20% OFF
Rapala 2 piece Ice Chisels- 20% OFF (1 in stock)
Strikemaster Power Augers- ALL $50 OFF
Eskimo Stingray Power Auger- SALE $269.99 (1 in stock)
Marcum VX-1i- SALE $279.99 SAVE $30 SOLD OUT
MarCum LX-5i-SALE $439.99 SAVE $60! SOLD OUT
Marcum Troller 2.0- SALE- $179.99 SAVE $30 SOLD OUT
MarCum PanCam- SALE- $279.99 SAVE $70 (1 in stock)
MarCum VS485 camera- SALE- $299.99. SOLD OUT
Strikemaster Glide Lite Sled- 30% OFF (1 in stock)

More deals in store. Stop by and take a look!

We are open 6AM-6PM tomorrow and 6AM-4PM Sunday.

Don

Don Kelly

Tackle Shack
9683 Route 287
Wellsboro, PA 16901
570-724-5138
[email protected]

Follow us on Twitter
@TackleShackPA