The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: No fish were saved from millers  (Read 1382 times)

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
No fish were saved from millers
« on: Nov 14, 2015, 11:37 AM »
The fish commission was unsuccessful at saveing any fish from millers pond on Friday,the fish were supposed to be relocated to promton  dam,what a shame that these fish biologist are not  capable of doing their jobs,they blame the weather and a large hole in the back part of the pond where all the fish have moved to making it impossible to save any fish at all,its just plain common sense that the fish would end up in the deepest part of the pond,they are biologist that study the fish and should have known this and could have taken a different approach at saving the fish,they knew they were going to drain the pond and could have electro shocked the fish and moved them to promton but they waited until the last minute and hoped the fish would come out of the pipe or whatever it is that they are releasing the water from,they plan on doing the same thing at white oaks and I'm guessing they will have the same results there also its a shame that they are not putting in a very good effort to save these fish but it doesn't surprise me in the least actually I expected it to happen,I just think they are putting on a show,they know the fish are going to move into the deeper parts of the pond any fool would know that it's just plain common sense, hopefully they take a different approach at white oaks and at least save some of the fish but I doubt it they will have the same story there too,instead of sitting in their trucks watching fisherman with binoculars all summer they could have been saving at least some of the fish this state is one big joke anymore  >:(

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: No fish were saved from millers
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2015, 10:31 PM »
Does not instill much confidence is them now does it? You had one job to do......

Offline PaWhiskerWacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2015, 05:05 AM »
Like I was saying b4, job security! Kill all the fish so you can raise some more at the hatchery.  Shame is fish don't grow overnight, and when they stock fingerlings only small percentages survive.  Thanks pafish!  Lots of educated biologists out there and nobody comes up with a better plan????  This just means the money wasn't there for a fish relocation program!  Politics!

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2015, 06:10 AM »
I don't belive they ever planned on moving the fish..
and if they did,they should of planned better.
Like Big CREW said 1 job,and they couldn't do it.Maybe they shouldn't get paid for that days work.
If I don't do my job ,I wont get paid.
This is an A**HOLE STATE anymore.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2015, 06:03 PM »
It was in their little presentation that they planned to move the fish. They just apparently didn't have the talent to get the job done right.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2015, 08:05 PM »
Yep they just put a show on to make it look good,lets see what they come up with when they go to white oaks,its just amazing that they had the b###s to say the fish went to a deep hole in the back of the lake REALLY where did they think they would go,they sure as heck aren't going to swim to shallow water to save themselves that's for sure  :-\

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2015, 06:14 AM »
Yep they just put a show on to make it look good,lets see what they come up with when they go to white oaks,its just amazing that they had the b###s to say the fish went to a deep hole in the back of the lake REALLY where did they think they would go,they sure as heck aren't going to swim to shallow water to save themselves that's for sure  :-\

LOL,,You tell CREW.

Offline MooseKnuckleVI

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2015, 03:46 PM »
2015 is the last year in my 3 year license. I live in PA but this will be my last license purchased here. The fishing is plain terrible in this state. Waters are almost all polluted, so what fish you do manage to catch usually should t be eaten. Only thing we got left in this state is the out and take trout but they're so tiny lately it's not worth keeping any. Been there done that. It's a shame because PA is a beautiful place but our govt and its many agencies are just pathetic. I'll spend my fishing $ in NY from now on.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2015, 06:27 PM »
I agree 100%
Fish ny,GREAT FISHERIES.
I love the DAMS,CANNONSVILLE,DOWNSVILLE,Never SINK.
ONEIDA LAKE,SALMON RIVER,WILLOW WEMAK,ONTARIO,BLACK LAKE CAYUGA,ive fish them all,Their DER,gives a crap.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2015, 09:50 AM »
This state is a political joke. They can't even finalize the budget what a joke as far as saving the fish from millers and white oaks I don't believe they ever had any intention of saving them do they really think the fish are going to swim out the pipe into their nets when there are deeper holes in the lake then at the dam any fool would know that and from the looks of white oaks they wont be saving any fish there either,it reminds me of a cartoon

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 20, 2015, 10:03 AM »
You guys are correct.
Goes back to what i said.
THIS STATE S**KS!!!!!!!!!!

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2015, 11:12 AM »
They just love to waste our money.  :'(
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline deer george

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2015, 06:21 PM »
A few years back a farmer friend of mine had a pond that was getting kind of shallow and had allot of carp in it,so he went to get a permit to drain it and get it dug out again and restock it with bass and pan fish.Well he got the permit but before he could completely drain it he was required to save as many fish as possible and release them into the local river.   Mostly carp of all things ,I just don't get it?????

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2015, 07:24 PM »
Well that's because he would be saving the fish not the state,they seem to shy away from any hard work its a shame those fish could have been saved maybe not all but some is better than none,as far as I'm concerned everyone involved in the draining of theses lakes should be fired they could have used a few different options for saving the fish but they show up and look at the pipe and say the fish just didn't come they stayed in the deeper part of the lake,any fool would know that there just putting on a show to try and make it look like they tryed to save the fish

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2015, 07:25 PM »
Well that's because he would be saving the fish not the state,they seem to shy away from any hard work its a shame those fish could have been saved maybe not all but some is better than none,as far as I'm concerned everyone involved in the draining of theses lakes should be fired they could have used a few different options for saving the fish but they show up and look at the pipe and say the fish just didn't come they stayed in the deeper part of the lake,any fool would know that there just putting on a show to try and make it look like they tryed to save the fish

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Nov 24, 2015, 02:58 AM »
Talk about a dog and pony show.  They said they were going to catch the fish but when the were releasing the water they didn't even try to keep the fish in the lake, they just pulled the plug and let the water flow and taking any fish that got caught in the current with it.  The level of stupidity with this is off the charts.  There's no way any of these dams got to this "critical" condition over night and if it was dealt with years ago they probably could've gotten away without having to completely drain the lakes.  It's funny that they can put a inflatable dam on the Susquehanna River to make a lake and leave it there for years but they couldn't do that here behind the existing damn and build the replacement dam.  No that would make sense which we all know isn't something that happens with this state.  Hell the idiot governor is acting like a two year old crying because he can't get his way and refuses to sign the budget.  At rate that's going it MIGHT be passed by the time the next one is due.  Common sense would've been to start working on them before this, at least do the research and engineering part to help spread out the costs but not these morons, wait until the last minute then drain the lakes and try to figure out where they can get the money to rebuild them. 

Offline joefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 24, 2015, 05:38 AM »
IF YOU  COULD TEACH COMMON SENSE YOU WOULD BE A MILLIONAIRE

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 24, 2015, 08:15 AM »
X2,nothing said better.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 24, 2015, 08:29 AM »
I personally think there's more to it than they are telling the public that's just my opinion I can see in the future picking one spot or the other and drilling for gas and then they will tell use were going to get a tax break and the money to repair one dam and make it sound like its going to be Disney Land,isn't a wolf know to be a sneaky creature?

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 24, 2015, 10:45 AM »
A few years back a farmer friend of mine had a pond that was getting kind of shallow and had allot of carp in it,so he went to get a permit to drain it and get it dug out again and restock it with bass and pan fish.Well he got the permit but before he could completely drain it he was required to save as many fish as possible and release them into the local river.   Mostly carp of all things ,I just don't get it?????

He should have thrown every one of the carp on his field for fertilizer. They are an invasive species and don't belong in PA waters.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.