Author Topic: Fishing NH  (Read 504 times)

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
Fishing NH
« on: Nov 13, 2015, 11:19 AM »
Anyone here fish the derby or just go up north for a long weekend? More specifically, Lake Winni or her sister lakes? I am interested in trying for lake trout or those massive perch but have no idea where to start with those lakes being so huge.

I do know salmon cannot leave the hole and you are only allowed 2 fishing devices at one time. Is it worth the ride?
Just add water.

Offline Brendog9

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ga head
Re: Fishing NH
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2015, 11:33 AM »
I fish Newfound Lake a lot, never been on Winni. I've seen some monster perch come through the ice. At the Bewfound derby a few years ago a guy caught a 17 pound laker.

It might be worth finding a lake in the area that allows five devices just to make it worth your time. If you went for a long weekend, then a two device lake would be worth your time.
Marking anything?

Offline TheManDJV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2015, 01:29 PM »
I've Been to winnisquam last few years for the derby, I'm not going this year between licenses and derby fees,gas and a place to stay it gets expensive not to mention I got skunked the last two trips there, and like someone said only two traps there... Not for me anymore
Flaaaaaaaaaaaag!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline halfhooked

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • anything more would be shopping
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2015, 04:36 PM »
I would like to go again but next time i want camp on the ice

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2015, 02:55 AM »
We fish in the Tuftonboro area on Winni. My Buddy has a house right on the lake. We have a ball! My wife hates me in the winter because all I talk about is getting ready for the Winni Derby. The two tilt rule is good for us because there are 10 people to our group and we got tilts all over. After several beers the break down at the end of the day is easy. We always do well and have had some fish on the board. Can't wait for the derby its on Valentines weekend this year! My wife is totally gonna hate me! Cheers :roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbsup: :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.