Author Topic: Ice auger parts discontinued found a fix/upgrade  (Read 728 times)

Offline ShackAttack

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I d rather be fishing...!
Ice auger parts discontinued found a fix/upgrade
« on: Nov 09, 2015, 09:17 PM »
I purchased a Frabill 52cc gas auger 3 years ago from cabelas. This  auger is awesome have had no issues, had lots of power and cuts really well. On the way back from the lake last year load shifted and of course took out the plastic throttle leaver. Called Frabill and they have dropped the gas power auger line and noone bought it , parts are no longer available. Dam!! Just my luck figured the deal was too good lol. After looking at several other part break downs from other companies seems they were all have the similiar plastic throttle leaver for way to much. After some digging around on the net I found several inexpensive bmx brake leavers that would work. I bought one for 35 bucks and with some slight modifications to the cable and the brake leaver, my 300 dollar auger is purring and waiting for the ice. The upgrade is u can mount it anyway u want , i mounted mine downward  instead of inward ,  u use ur finger so u havs more grip with freed up thumb and it's not made from   f in plastic .  Hope maybe this helps someone else.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice auger parts discontinued found a fix/upgrade
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2015, 09:22 PM »
super way to go

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.