The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lakevu maps  (Read 1125 times)

Offline JustLetMeFish

• IceShanty Rookie
Lakevu maps
« on: Nov 08, 2015, 03:28 AM »
I purchased a Garmin GPSMAP 64 and and am looking at getting the Lakevu map sd card. My question is , does it show a good number of lakes in this state?  I'll go out on a limb and assume Devils Lake and Sakakawea are mapped out. I'm more curious about some of the smaller lakes in central ND. Ashtabula, Stump, Eckelson, Mooon, etc.

I've also seen that guys can download custom maps and install through base camp. How well does this work?  This might be over my head, will have to get my kiddo to teach me how to do that.

I'd rather not use my phone for maps and gps if I can avoid it.

Offline walleyerick

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lakevu maps
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2015, 02:48 PM »
I was surprised how many smaller lakes in SD were mapped... didn't look much @ ND, some of the smaller sloughs were not mapped but that is to be expected. Overall I was impressed with LakeVu. I asked the clerk to load it in a unit and let me check it out before I purchased it.
"Sappers lead the way "

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2015, 05:07 PM »
I haven't any experience with Lakevu maps but would like the see what info comes up.  I would hope that they have more tha what is available on hot maps or from gpsfiledepot.com

Offline NDiceMan72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2015, 01:17 PM »
Don't have any experience with LakeVu but I just downloaded the Navionics app for my Droid this year and it looks like it should work pretty good.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2015, 01:28 PM »
I purchased a Garmin GPSMAP 64 and and am looking at getting the Lakevu map sd card. My question is , does it show a good number of lakes in this state?  I'll go out on a limb and assume Devils Lake and Sakakawea are mapped out. I'm more curious about some of the smaller lakes in central ND. Ashtabula, Stump, Eckelson, Mooon, etc.

I've also seen that guys can download custom maps and install through base camp. How well does this work?  This might be over my head, will have to get my kiddo to teach me how to do that.

I'd rather not use my phone for maps and gps if I can avoid it.

The process is fairly simple to make custom maps ..done several on my Etrex 20  if you can get the map onto your computer you can get to a compatible Garmin unit ...no experience with the Lake Vu...sorry
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.