The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: New toys for this winter...whatcha get?  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Muskyrush

• Team IceShanty Regular
New toys for this winter...whatcha get?
« on: Nov 06, 2015, 04:09 PM »
what's everyone planning on buying for this upcoming season? I bought a clam scout thermal and my girlfriend a stiker predator jacket.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: New toys for this winter...whatcha get?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2015, 04:52 PM »
I got a 1996 arctic cat 340fc puma snowmobile to haul gear when and if the snow gets deep.finally get another snowmobile after years of going without one and its gonna be el nino.haha

Offline buffalo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2015, 10:16 AM »
Eskimo propane auger and 949I hub. About 20 moonshine shiver minnows.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2015, 10:57 AM »
a new 18 and a couple new jigs 150.00 worth

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2015, 12:42 PM »
Tried to buy an ION auger over the summer, was on sale and in stock($490 delivered), card accepted and notified it was ready to ship, 2 days later I was notified it was no longer available and they cancelled the order. Next week it was available but $40 more, now $60 higher (Dick's). Picked up some Maynards Alien Grub tungsten jigs, they glow well and looking forward to try them. Stingray started easily this AM, I'm ready, just add ice

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2015, 12:52 PM »
Otter pro cottage
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2015, 12:55 PM »
buffalo
thanks for joining us!

i'm not done shopping yet, but i just put in another order. got a lake effect performance hoodie on the way today and the replacement bib towels for my striker hardwater ice suit and a hang towel to clip to the parka. they get nasty if you use them and i'll have plenty so i'm not w/o while getting washed. they were cheap. under 7$ for 4 sets.

next item should be a big ticket like a marcum rt9 or camera add-on for the marcum lx7. maybe some more boots for the spouse and my self. got tons of new jigs and lines and reels.
depends on whats on sale next if its a big ticket item or not.

some times i think about a quad or snow mobile, but i need that exercise, so that's all the further it goes. saves the environment too. i have a trailer a quad would fit on.

i'll shop sales all year long. always looking for new and improved junk.

Offline ifish4fishwithteeth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2015, 02:00 PM »
Only thing I need is live bait. With the weather forecast I may not need that for awhile. 😠

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Nov 07, 2015, 02:41 PM »
i drive to this place because of shipping costs. better to shop their store any way. the website would let you think they only sell bait. nice store and great people there. they keep popular items, not all but many.

http://www.knutsonlivebait.com/

put in another order just now. going to try a glass free lantern.
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=319233.msg3358967;topicseen#new

Bulin Portable Ultralight Compact Camping Gas Lantern
http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Ultralight-Compact-Camping-Lantern/dp/B00JQ2FOP4/ref=pd_sim_468_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=41y9TFBUd%2BL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=090CY9P9MGZ31RB6Q3K1

takes an adapter for lp cans/hose like the coleman 16oz cans. i can't find one that goes right onto a 16 oz coleman lp can.
http://www.amazon.com/Kovea-LPG-Adaptor-Small-Silver/dp/B00CFPISZW/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1398355203&ref_=mp_s_a_1_2&sr=8-2

Offline RussC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 07, 2015, 02:43 PM »
So far I have picked up a new Ion 8" auger, two Jawjackers, a new ice rod and a pair of boots. As well I picked up a ice transducer for my Humminbird 597ci.

Offline ready2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2015, 03:20 PM »

i'm not done shopping yet, but i just put in another order. got a lake effect performance hoodie

Are these warm, i just looked at them and they seem nice but they come with a price tag

Offline Muskyrush

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 07, 2015, 03:54 PM »
Otter pro cottage

I have the same shack love it.

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Nov 07, 2015, 05:31 PM »
ready2fish
i have been reading good things about the garment so i finally bought one and its still on the way. i just put the order in today.
its supposed to be water proof yet breaths and wind proof. its the same as the striker ice performance hoodie, but they used nylon in the sleeves because people were complaining about the fleece lined sleeves catching their base layer and the logo is different.
i guess striker has about 5 companies they sell from and this hoodie is their snow mobile section called lake effect series.

heres the hoodie and you can see the other brands on the top if you want to shop any or all of them. i bought 5 things from the striker brands store today including the hoodie. i am excited to get it on the way. i have been waiting for a good deal on one for years and never get to find one, so i just paid full price plus shipping. it will be used all of the time so its worth it if it lasts like thier ice suits. those are pricey too, but so far, you get what you pay for with striker brands.
http://www.strikerstore.com/product-p/614200.htm

Offline fordo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 07, 2015, 09:03 PM »
Things for this winter:
Snow mobile ✔️
Salt shield ✔️
K-Drill/cordless drill ✔️
Yep I'm ready

Offline staggerin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 07, 2015, 09:25 PM »
A new strikemaster auger head to go on my 8 " frabill curved balde auger. And a 87 Suzuki quadzilla lt500r for fast hole hopping lol
Look at me I can walk on water

Offline ready2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 08, 2015, 06:07 AM »
ready2fish
i have been reading good things about the garment so i finally bought one and its still on the way. i just put the order in today.
its supposed to be water proof yet breaths and wind proof. its the same as the striker ice performance hoodie, but they used nylon in the sleeves because people were complaining about the fleece lined sleeves catching their base layer and the logo is different.
i guess striker has about 5 companies they sell from and this hoodie is their snow mobile section called lake effect series.

here's the hoodie and you can see the other brands on the top if you want to shop any or all of them. i bought 5 things from the striker brands store today including the hoodie. i am excited to get it on the way. i have been waiting for a good deal on one for years and never get to find one, so i just paid full price plus shipping. it will be used all of the time so its worth it if it lasts like thier ice suits. those are pricey too, but so far, you get what you pay for with striker brands.
http://www.strikerstore.com/product-p/614200.htm

Good reply, Thanks

I do have there Hardwater ice fishing suit so i would think there hoodie would be the same quality, i currently use a cheap hoodie and been looking for a better one for a while now, i been picking away at new ice gear this year and now it looks like i have something else on my list  ;D

What i have picked up so far for this upcoming season

Ice auger rack for my quad  (Digger ice auger carrier)
Otter ice cabin with all the add ons, also bought a Racor heavy lift for off season storage, this is a sweet setup
new Mr. Heater
Build a front storage box for my quad

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 08, 2015, 07:35 AM »
i drive to this place because of shipping costs. better to shop their store any way. the website would let you think they only sell bait. nice store and great people there. they keep popular items, not all but many.

http://www.knutsonlivebait.com/

put in another order just now. going to try a glass free lantern.
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=319233.msg3358967;topicseen#new

Bulin Portable Ultralight Compact Camping Gas Lantern
http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Ultralight-Compact-Camping-Lantern/dp/B00JQ2FOP4/ref=pd_sim_468_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=41y9TFBUd%2BL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=090CY9P9MGZ31RB6Q3K1

takes an adapter for lp cans/hose like the coleman 16oz cans. i can't find one that goes right onto a 16 oz coleman lp can.
http://www.amazon.com/Kovea-LPG-Adaptor-Small-Silver/dp/B00CFPISZW/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1398355203&ref_=mp_s_a_1_2&sr=8-2
I live 10 miles from Knutson's and go there frequently. If they don't have it, you probably don't need it.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 09, 2015, 12:07 PM »
I picked up a ice-pack conversion for my Lowrance elite-5.  Also picked up some more brantner jigs and a rod/reel combo for walleye or deeper water perch.  Might pick up another palm rod and a replacement blade kit for my nils hand auger as its nice to have a spare in the truck just in case something happens.

Offline michiganoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 10, 2015, 06:51 PM »
Not sure if it's a new toy, but I bought some Frabill I-2 bibs today. Normally $160 to my door but I got them for $118 to my door. With birthday money and gift cards, it ended up being $33 total out of my own pocket. Couldn't pass that up and I think they'll serve me well for my needs out on the ice!
I'd rather be fishing!

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 10, 2015, 06:54 PM »
I like hearing that musky! I have not met one person yet who has had anything bad to say about the otters! Also I ordered a perch sweetheart from Thorne bros and a bb 6061
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline TheMainah

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Nov 10, 2015, 06:55 PM »
Got myself a flasher, Marcum vx-1 pro. It's not the highest range model, but any is better than one IMO.
-The Mainah
There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process.

Offline Stroover

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Nov 10, 2015, 07:51 PM »
I won a Vexilar Sonar Phone this past summer in a fishing tournament. Looking forward to using in on the hard water. I'm also in the process of building a beer can solar heater for the ice shanty, like this one: https://goo.gl/omb65U. It should help cut back on firewood usage during the daytime.

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Nov 10, 2015, 07:56 PM »
Only thing I bought so far are jigging rapalas and a few small tungsten jigs. Plan on buying some Baffins and a few new rods.

Offline ranger620

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Nov 10, 2015, 08:05 PM »
got a new 13 fishing 37inch hole hopper and long stem wicked reel some #4 jigging raps and some darters.we just need some weather

Offline buffalo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Nov 11, 2015, 01:14 PM »
Besides the hub shanty,  propane auger, and the moonshine shiver minnows......I bought about 40 new walleye jigs from fish usa. Jigging raps, slender spoons, buckshot spoons, ripping raps and snap raps. Can't what to get out on the hard water!!!! Would like to gets some info on ice fishing walleye on gun lake and on muskegon lake.

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Nov 11, 2015, 01:24 PM »
A Marcum LX 6s

Offline Just Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Nov 11, 2015, 05:06 PM »
I bought 2 - 13 Fishing Wicked Long Stem Ice Combos, and a gently, hardly used, Marcum lx7 from Tom69

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Nov 11, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Here's two and hopefully some Striker bibs soon!

Offline dalhnt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Nov 11, 2015, 06:15 PM »
just ordered an otter pro cabin from Frank's, and picked up a 2 up fan cooled sled last weekend. Thinking about an inline reel or two... what kind would you guys recommend?

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Nov 11, 2015, 06:51 PM »
bought for ice fishing a gander mtn... advantage ul rod for $9.99 and a ton of grabber hand warmers the body warmers I got 4 ten packs for 5 buck a piece...and two double 18 packs , packs of hand warmer sized grabber for 5 each pack...  that's it thus far if I buy any thing else it will be spikes and minnows before the end of ice season... I usually wait to get clearance stuff at the end of the season cause I got so much stuff now...  don't need more unless it a good deal...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.