Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: dakota angler ice event  (Read 716 times)

Offline ranger620

• IceShanty Rookie
dakota angler ice event
« on: Nov 06, 2015, 01:57 PM »
headed up in the am any body been ?any thoughts

Offline perch_stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: dakota angler ice event
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2015, 02:09 PM »
I have never been there, but have heard many goods things about it. And on the other hand, a couple buddies went last year, and said it wasn't all that great. I was on the fence this year about going, but ultimately decided to stay home and try and shoot some ducks instead of driving 90 miles! It'll save me some money also, I'm sure there would have been some tackle purchases made if I were to go...haha!

Offline ranger620

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2015, 02:13 PM »
no way ill get out of there cheap

Offline perch_stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2015, 02:29 PM »
Make sure to give us some info and tips on what you learn tomorrow! Have a great time!

Offline moab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2015, 02:36 PM »
Great deal on bigger items (ie. electronics,shack,etc)  If you are planning a larger ticket item this season, this is time to get it.  Speakers vary from each year, most a re very informative (some a little heavy on plugging their sponsors but i guess that comes with the territory).   Well worth your time if haven't been there yet and looking to buy.  Heading there tonight as haven't heard Chip Leer before and should be interesting.   I've been in DA store alot and have seen most of the new stuff coming out...they should be loaded for bear this year.  Last year I saw guys wait to buy because werent sure and by end of day Sat was too late, so fair warning.  See ya there :)

Offline ranger620

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2015, 02:50 PM »
thanks brothers! the fever will be real bad afterwords

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2015, 01:13 PM »
Not very impressed , not the deals I thought , the reps offered only no tax as the deal , went to pay for items and was charged tax.
Will not be making trip. 3 hrs one way next year.   
Only good thing was being able to compare huts in the same room.   .
Looks to me like otters got the market cornered-  very well made .
There wasn't much of anything new , my buddy bought the new 13 widow maker. Very nice rod !   
I picked up a new Betty and tickle stick.   13 redesigned the tip s which would help with the tips breaking on last years model s.
The other thing I wanted to see was the new Eskimo Evo 2 , D A had the Evo one man.  Thought it was cool concept but looked like a real pain to set up , I don't think it would be good for hole hopping.
Also wanted to see the new RPM minnow from CJ & S - none there.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2015, 11:02 PM »
You drove all the way from Southern IA to go to Dakota Angler? Dang, I feel for ya. It's a fine store and all, but wow, that's a long drive. I figured that EVO was a lot better on paper than in real life. I agree its nice to have the shacks to compare each other. I went between bait shops looking last year.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline tla100

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2015, 10:30 PM »
Did not make it again this year. Speakers worth listening too? Usually Todd puts on a pretty good event.

Offline Big Lefty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2015, 09:02 AM »
I thought it was a good show.  I was a little disappointed they didn't have better deals on small items, but a couple guys I went with spent a couple grand on flashers, shacks and augers.  Todd ate the tax on the big ticket items, which saved them some cash and they got some free accessories to go along with that.  I'll definitely be back. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.