Author Topic: Cabelas to be bought out by Bass Pro Shops?  (Read 28254 times)

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Cabelas to be bought out by Bass Pro Shops?
« Reply #120 on: Feb 28, 2016, 04:51 PM »
You need to learn how to write.  Every post is a rambling mess of ellipses.

Now that right there should be at the top of many threads.       :clap: :thumbsup: :bow: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #121 on: Feb 29, 2016, 08:57 AM »
does anyone know if the striker ellipses have better c.s. than the a.a. ellipses? sorry, the ice is gone ,n, can,t get out in boat.LOL  ( don,t we have a pot-stirrer emo on here? i can,t find it. wire

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #122 on: Feb 29, 2016, 09:52 AM »
so no store can special order a rod for you out of the blue? or a gun scope? if so ye of little faith. just cause they don't carry it don't mean they can't order it... like leupold scopes if they did not carry the z3's they could order you one.. some of the venders that sell threw places like natchezss and other places that carry the leupold z5 scopes etc... cause they are a distributer or leupold! see my point they can get things not carried by them were cabelas wont nor bass pro...  your not thinking.. just arguing...  end of arguing for me though...

1) I can speak for Gander Mtn, nobody else. We do special orders on basically anything we can get our hands on that has a UPC. What we do is fill out what's called a HEAT ticket. That's basically a special order form that we send out to Corporate asking them to order a product for a customer from either a vendor or picking that product out of one of our stores. It's pretty in depth with colors, UPCs, part numbers etc. So yes, just about anything is orderable.

2) Leupold doesn't make Z3 and Z5 scopes, that's Swarovski.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #123 on: Feb 29, 2016, 11:23 AM »
I'm thinking it is all rumors.  Cabelas is opening new store all over the country, and these store are the mega stores, I know they built one in Buffalo, NY.  Why would they invest all that new money if they were about to sell out to Pro-Bass?

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #124 on: Feb 29, 2016, 11:48 AM »
I'm thinking it is all rumors.  Cabelas is opening new store all over the country, and these store are the mega stores, I know they built one in Buffalo, NY.  Why would they invest all that new money if they were about to sell out to Pro-Bass?

Because they aren't investing their money for these stores. They've been extorting millions out of local govs for the construction and infrastructure for Cabelas properties under the guise that they'll be hiring hundreds and adding millions to local tax bases.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #125 on: Feb 29, 2016, 01:13 PM »
2) Leupold doesn't make Z3 and Z5 scopes, that's Swarovski.

sorry about that typo on my part thinking to much..

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ronco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #127 on: Jul 06, 2017, 02:28 PM »
The secret to fishing.....fish where the fish are.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #128 on: Jul 06, 2017, 04:31 PM »

Couldn't find it your link, maybe I didn't go far enough down the page. Found this,

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/07/05/bass-pro-cabelas-merger-approved-by-ftc.html

Sometimes I forget to check my work  ;D fixed it
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.