Author Topic: hard water season  (Read 2055 times)

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
hard water season
« on: Oct 28, 2015, 08:08 AM »
As we watch our temps dropping, its time to visit and get our gear in top condition. I have a few more Maine tip ups that I am converting to the Indian hill style,rather than the cross type. New floro leaders,hooks and weights.Batts for the night lites on the tip ups,And a few new jaw jackers,and ready to go!!

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: hard water season
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2015, 09:12 AM »
I thought you were in Aruba? They have ice there? ;D

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2015, 09:15 AM »
leaving this friday morning

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2015, 02:21 PM »
Pulled mine out today to start checking them. Deer season then hardwater , good times good friends what a way to spend the time. Enjoy Aruba Ron. :icefish: :icefish:

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2015, 07:14 PM »
Thanks Yes it will be in that order, Cabelas thursday, Aruba Friday,to friday, then some crossbow in Ny,rifle ,black powder, Ice ice Baby

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2015, 09:43 PM »
has Cabellas put out their ice fishing gear yet...Dicks told me not till after Thanksgiving!!!!
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2015, 02:18 AM »
I will let you know if cabelas did or not today, Dick's sucks,Gander mountain has always been good in the past. Our state's stores have always lagged behind when it comes to ice fishing gear,You have a much better out come shopping in upstate Ny or the net. CTO is always good,a little pricy but then again who isn't.If Cabelas doesn't have there stuff out CTO is my stop on the way home.

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 29, 2015, 05:53 AM »
Not the full set up but they have tip ups and jigging stuff out. Some augers. Probably another few weeks until they have everything out
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 29, 2015, 10:04 AM »
I calleds them its not all out yet so they saved me a trip

Offline tafts ta

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Professional Ice Guide, Tournament Angler, TV Host
« Reply #9 on: Oct 29, 2015, 10:21 AM »
I calleds them its not all out yet so they saved me a trip
December 12th-14th is their winter classic. All will be stocked before then, but the selection and sales will be HUGE that weekend!
Host of TV's Guiding Ice
Pro-Staff HT ENTERPRISES, Pro Staff POLAR FIRE, Pro Staff VEXILAR, Pro Staff OTTER OUTDOORS, Pro Staff PK LURES, Pro Staff DEEP FREEZE, Pro Staff Bunker Up Fishin
Pro Staff JAW JACKERS
New England's Only Authorized Representative for SnoBear Vehicles!

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 29, 2015, 10:33 AM »
Thanks guys, I hate to wait till the second week of December. It's not like I really need anything but I always seem to spend money anyway. Was just watching on ebay and picked up 3 pimples for $2 and free delivery!!!!There is a couple lakes in Ma. that are 2000 feet above sea level that I can get on to at the beginning of December and Cabellas will still be just starting to put out their stuff??? Tafts I will see you down there that weekend for sure.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 30, 2015, 10:24 AM »
It's funny that they can get all their hunting stuff out at least a month before the season and all their open water stuff out in full 2 months before the start of the season. I believe that ice anglers are more fanatical than any other fisherman. We want to get what we need, re-line all our gear, make all our leaders, set up the rest of the gear and how we are going to get it on the ice, check our augers, etc., long before the season starts. Sometimes I get out just after Thanksgiving at a small lake 2000 feet above sea level in Ma. so it would be nice if they got their things out earlier. If they waited like this for hunters their would be a mutiny. I am going to take a trip to C.T.O.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2015, 08:41 AM »
I agree, I just like to look through and buy more stuff that I really don't need...LOL

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 01, 2015, 11:24 AM »
I agree, I just like to look through and buy more stuff that I really don't need...LOL

I'm not the only one?  ;D

Offline nightshift

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 01, 2015, 01:24 PM »
leaving December 4 to go to the ST. Paul ice show. Stop at Thorne bros. and Reeds. Two of us leaving from Hartford for the weekend. Last time it was 10below and they had been fishing since November

Offline redneckdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 01, 2015, 05:12 PM »
Shoot, -10F, that's sweat shirt weather up here. I remember my first winter up here coming to work in late feb and finding it a calm, mild morning I left my jacket in the truck. Got to my office and popped up the meterogical station and it was four below...

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 02, 2015, 03:58 AM »
agreed Eider shelves of stuff I don't really need. But boy its fun to buy. :clap:

Offline infamusc

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hard water fanatic
« Reply #17 on: Nov 03, 2015, 07:12 AM »
I went to Cabelas this past Sunday and I asked the guy if they got robbed? The ice fishing selection was nothing to write home about. He did say that in 2 weeks they will be stocked to the roof. I always feel that you have to start shopping sooner because most places sell out and don't restock as heavy as the season moves along. Even the Clam pro staff already sent in their order forms with a 5 week delivery time!!!

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Nov 04, 2015, 04:48 AM »
I try my best to avoid cabelas at all costs!

Cabela's is great for window shopping and getting your hands on whatever you're looking at to see if you like it. But you can usually get better deals and avoid headaches buying online.

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 05, 2015, 07:06 AM »
Anyone have any ice-fishing goals or aspirations for the coming ice season? Considering last season's trips were my first real ice fishing outings, I didn't have much success for anything other than perch while jigging a Frostee. I had a few tip-ups out each time I went, but I only managed a small pickerel and a huge mud-puppy on them.

So I'm really pumped for this coming year, now that I sort of have an idea what I'm doing. I'll be gunning for my first ice pike (Mansfield? Ya, ya, ya Jon, I know what you're thinking; I'm stubborn, ok?) and I'd love to go after walleye at some point too. How about you all?

-Eric

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Nov 05, 2015, 11:01 AM »
I'd love to catch more pike. Only got one through the ice. And I'd like to catch my first walleye

-Ryan-

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 06, 2015, 04:02 AM »
More time on the ice and more walter :thumbsup:

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 06, 2015, 02:18 PM »
I'm with you Ryan, maybe we need to do an overnight at Mashapog. I am living in Carlton this winter and there are good pike lake up here.

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Nov 07, 2015, 06:13 PM »
I'm with you Ryan, maybe we need to do an overnight at Mashapog. I am living in Carlton this winter and there are good pike lake up here.

I'm not apposed to traveling

-Ryan-

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Nov 08, 2015, 09:37 AM »
Back from Aruba Duba, Not one ice fishing thing on the shelfs there. Givin the weather around here it sounds like we will be waiting a while for Ice safe enough to fish on.Hunting season needs to kick in once all these leaves are gone.This has to be the latest in recent memory that we still have leaves on the trees.Its not looking like we will be on the ice before Dec. This could change but we need a nice long cold blast

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.