Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: 4 wheeler auger mounts and storage ideas  (Read 2655 times)

Offline jon1023

• IceShanty Rookie
4 wheeler auger mounts and storage ideas
« on: Oct 26, 2015, 02:55 PM »
Im looking for the Stearns Mad Dog auger holder, cant seem to find them anywhere online in stock. Anyone seen these around. Also if anyone has any pictures of some storage ideas on there 4 wheelers also looking to add something on mine to put my fish finders...etc.

Thanks

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
Re: 4 wheeler auger mounts and storage ideas
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2015, 03:11 PM »
You might check out the new Otter storage stuff, ASAT Miller just picked some up and they looked pretty sweet!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2015, 09:54 PM »
Im looking for the Stearns Mad Dog auger holder, cant seem to find them anywhere online in stock. Anyone seen these around. Also if anyone has any pictures of some storage ideas on there 4 wheelers also looking to add something on mine to put my fish finders...etc.

Thanks

Clam has a holder for about the same price and comparable to the mad dog holder in style.

Offline jon1023

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2015, 08:08 PM »
I have looked into the claim but need to call them. I dont have the metal rack on the front or back of my 2013 polaris sportsman 500, do you know if it mounts to the stock plastic rack thing it has?

Offline MotoIce615

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2015, 10:47 AM »
We have a 2014 Sportsman 400 that I put a Digger Ice auger mount on the front of. I really like it and it holds it super solid. I also put an Ogio/Polaris semi hard bag on the back for our electronics. It's not huge but fits both our LX7s and Marcum 825 camera. That's all I wanted was for the electronics to be on the wheeler so they weren't bouncing around in the Otter. I will try to post a couple pix of our set up!

Offline MotoIce615

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2015, 01:54 PM »

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2015, 06:55 AM »
It's to my understanding that they no longer make the Mad Dog mount, hence why you're having trouble finding it.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2015, 11:48 AM »
I had a Mad Dog mount on my Honda Fourtrax.... I cant really say I cared for it a whole lot. I do like the looks of the Digger mounts. They seem like a much simpler and better option.

Offline HANDLINE2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2015, 10:00 AM »
I put a couple Kolpin ratcheting holders on the front of my Honda. You just squeeze them shut and then a pushbutton opens them up. They hold the auger pretty well. I think they came from Cabela's. RH
It's mind over matter, if you don't have a mind it don't matter.

Offline Ilovelamp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2015, 01:59 PM »
I use the regular solid u kolpins with the rubber barbs.  Works great.  Anyone know the best way to get your atv and flip shack together in aa short bed pickup?

Offline jon1023

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 24, 2015, 02:23 PM »
Ilovelamp...im in the same boat my atv and pullover wont fit in the back of my truck, probably end up with a trailer sounds easier anyways, thanks for the advice on auger mount

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 24, 2015, 05:27 PM »
use a gun mounts on my rancher, cable tie a pool noodle to the rack to support the auger engine and gear box

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 24, 2015, 05:41 PM »
I put a couple Kolpin ratcheting holders on the front of my Honda. You just squeeze them shut and then a pushbutton opens them up. They hold the auger pretty well. I think they came from Cabela's. RH

I must have the same ones on my atv.  I kinda thought they'd break off when I got them but I think their probably 5 years old and no problem so far.  I just kinda putzee out their though.

Offline HANDLINE2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 25, 2015, 11:17 AM »
Having an ATV trailer in my case works well for the ATV to pull it out on the ice with all your gear. I've had 3 guys and all their gear on my trailer at once and away we go. RH
It's mind over matter, if you don't have a mind it don't matter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.