Author Topic: Mike's maps  (Read 1072 times)

Offline dgesinger

• IceShanty Rookie
Mike's maps
« on: Oct 25, 2015, 07:26 AM »
Hello, I've been fishing the NESD area for a couple years now, considering getting some of the Mike's maps for the area, have any of you used them? Or do you have any other suggestions for accurate mapping out there? I love doing my homework at home to make the most of a trip when I am out there, thank you for any information! Good luck and be safe!

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
Re: Mike's maps
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2015, 07:30 AM »
I use an old Ifinder handheld gps with a navionics chip in it for the midwest. Works great.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline perch_stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2015, 07:34 AM »
I have a few of his maps, and they work. But if you do your homework on the computer using Google Earth or topo maps, you can pretty much do exactly what he does on your own.

Offline dgesinger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2015, 11:21 PM »
I have done a lot of research on Google maps, but it's just time consuming when I am out there trying to find what I have found in a picture.

Offline perch_stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2015, 12:28 AM »
I agree, it is time consuming. But when I find a good looking spot on Google earth, or a topo map, and I enter the coordinates into my gps, it brings me much more satisfaction knowing that I did it on my own instead of going to a spot on a map that a thousand other people have also! But if you don't have the time, I guess his maps are your only option.

Offline dgesinger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2015, 06:47 AM »
Completely get that, didn't know it was easy to get coordinates off goggle earth, mostly use my phone, I guess I should just sit down with the ol computer. Thanks.

Offline moab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2015, 04:49 PM »
I have several of Mike's maps.  Cheap, portable, doesnt require batteries.   They make a good reference for slough/lakes that have no other mapping options.   I like to use them at home or on the road to study.   One more tool in the toolbox I say.  I still look at them and Ive been running autochart live on my Hbird units this summer mapping these same sloughs/lakes.  Will be interesting to see how they compare.

Offline dgesinger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2015, 08:40 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I can't wait till I update boats and technology, very excited for the leaps in technology, especially the mapping technology, pretty much made for the uncharted lakes/ sloughs out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.